NIB prices

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good example was the "Thunderbirds" that Homepin produced, 100% China made but it still had a high retail once landed.

Comment

I do wonder why it is that Homepin can sell Thunderbirds for $7451 but a Pro model Stern is an extra $2000.

It doesn't matter whether or not you like Thunderbirds, surely it's not that much cheaper to produce.

Comment

Homepin's are made with locally produce parts & Chinese labor. So his production overheads, costs & labor would be considerably lower, Much Lower.

Comment

talking to Bruce yesterday. NIB price will most likely come down to around 9K if dollar improves by next title
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
            Homepin's are made with locally produce parts & Chinese labor. So his production overheads, costs & labor would be considerably lower, Much Lower.
            The locally produced parts I agree... but the Chinese labor isn't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post

The locally produced parts I agree... but the Chinese labor isn't cheap.
              Chinese labor is cheaper than American or Australian labor, otherwise why do so many manufactures set up shop there. There not there for the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post

Chinese labor is cheaper than American or Australian labor, otherwise why do so many manufactures set up shop there. There not there for the weather.
                My understanding is that they set up there for the ease of accessing locally built components more than anything else.

I've been told that the entitlements of staff is even greater than what staff here in Australia have. More paid days off etc as well.

It could be wrong, but it's what I've been told.

Comment

While the pinball component costs may have reduced (relative to the RRP of the machine) and logistics & manufacturing lines streamlined, almost all new machines are licensed as opposed to very few back in the 70's & 80's. Operational costs, especially labour, would also now be far more significant in relative terms to the number units being produced. So I wouldn't expect any lowering of the US price, but the biggest variation here in Aus is the fluctuation of the exchange rate.

Comment

Taking all this onboard- (price vs quality) it's easy to see why we have a homebrew pinball section on this forum.

Comment

Transport costs have probably gone through the roof since all the coronavirus restrictions- and associated bureaucracy- were brought in.
                      WAR IS PEACE
                      FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
                      STAYING APART KEEPS US TOGETHER

Comment

Originally posted by luke View Post
                        talking to Bruce yesterday. NIB price will most likely come down to around 9K if dollar improves by next title
                        As in next title after Avengers? Because LE's are slightly more while Pro and Premium remain the same

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X