General Pinball Discussion.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumtree scams

Got a msg on gumtree for my wanted ad, was a scammer says he in Glynde SA. Phone number 08 8120 0552, called him and knew straight away. Looked up the number and has been linked to a scam pinball business. Looks like someone has posted about it before. Be careful out there people, make sure to do your research and ask others if they know the person. Disappointing to see more and more of these pop up.

-Dave

Yes I had a guy contact me on GT and said he would put $7K in my PayPal. Anyway he then sends a scam PayPal email saying I have received the $7K in my account. He then demands I ship it as I have received the $$$. I just told him to F off. Never heard from him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiked View Post
      Yes I had a guy contact me on GT and said he would put $7K in my PayPal. Anyway he then sends a scam PayPal email saying I have received the $7K in my account. He then demands I ship it as I have received the $$$. I just told him to F off. Never heard from him again.
      Hahahahaha love it good work

Comment

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...-heard-of-them

It's been discussed here.

- Con

Comment

Next time when they contact you say thanks for putting the money into my paypal account the pinball has just been sent to a Nigerian Prince.

Comment

I believe I was contacted last week by the same people. Indian woman called about a wanted ad number was private. Could not give any details on machines just said a friend had them for sale and would call back never heard from them again.

Comment

This whole country is a scammer's paradise at the moment. Time for government to step up a bit I reckon.

Comment

Bit difficult when the government is the biggest scammer of all time lol

Comment

If you don't report it to Police how are the government going to help?

Comment

I never mentioned anything about not mentioning the police, just the insane amount of inbound international scam emails, phone calls etc. that have been officially called out by the various scamwatch organisations. So I think that lands squarely on ASD's (federal) shoulders. Protect your people a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiked View Post
                      IF YOU'RE BORED... next time waste his time by sending him an empty box (so you can get a legit tracking number) so you can give him the tracking number and he gets his hopes up thinking it's coming and that he's stooged you.

If you're really really really really bored... make and send him this:

- The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

Only problem in Australia, in any form of a MAN TRAP is illegal & could get you jailed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-08-21_17-01-47.png
Views:	460
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2157827

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
                          Only problem in Australia, in any form of a MAN TRAP is illegal & could get you jailed.

The "bomb" in the above video is only a bomb insofar as it blasts glitter everywhere. It's totally nonlethal. Definitely not calculated to destroy human life or inflict grievous bodily harm.

http://www.afpinball.com
                          "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

MAN TRAP ay? I think there's quite a few ladies out there escaping jail time then. 😏

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post

There's no problem here. Point three explicitly allows traps to be set "for the purpose of destroying vermin".

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X