Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WILL COST OF NEW MACHINES COME DOWN WITH STRONGER $$

Bet7676

Prices of new machines go up quickly when our dollar falls, but never seem to go down when our dollars value goes up

With a low of .55c and an 2020 average of .66cent. From average it’s up 9 % at .72cent at moment that’s about $1250 off a stern Limited edition game

be nice to see prices go down but sure they won’t

• Like 2

Looool!

“NO!�

If anything they’ll go up more!

George Gomez mentioned on Super awesome pinball show interview their bom was getting more expensive so expect prices to never go down.

In theory with a stronger AUD prices should come down but it may depend on a few factors. In order to maintain some stability, AMD needs to lock in the US to AU exchange rate for a certain amount of $. At a guess I'd say their current rate they are working with is well below $0.70. It won't be until this reserve has been depleted until there's a chance they can buy games a bit cheaper from Stern and pass on the savings on (assuming other costs like shipping don't increase).

It may also come down to basic supply vs demand. The shutdowns have reduced Stern's ability to make as many games per day which has resulted in a big backorder of titles. Most of the Stern games on their way to Australia in the next few months have already been pre sold. The increased demand and lack of supply will most likely also play a factor in pin prices remaining high.

• Like 1

Supply and demand dictates the cost and while there are people that buy before they have even tried, nothing is going to ever go down.

Where were such people when we were bringing in a couple of containers of pins every few months?.

Supply and demand dictates the cost and while there are people that buy before they have even tried, nothing is going to ever go down.

Where were such people when we were bringing in a couple of containers of pins every few months?.

All those sensible people have closed their wallets and watched the noobies run amuck. Good luck to them. If things change in the future, I'm more than happy to help them out to try and keep their house and/or marriage by buying some of their collection.

• Like 6

Yeah there’s so much 10k super cheques chasing new pinball machines.

Defies belief, when 55% of mortgage holders are receiving some sort of help delaying their repayments. Will come home to roost one day...

There will be a lot of pins for sale eventually due to people making stupid choices with borrowed money. When it comes down to them losing the house you know what will happen. Edited by micky
Spelling
  • Like 2

In theory with a stronger AUD prices should come down but it may depend on a few factors. In order to maintain some stability, AMD needs to lock in the US to AU exchange rate for a certain amount of $. At a guess I'd say their current rate they are working with is well below $0.70. It won't be until this reserve has been depleted until there's a chance they can buy games a bit cheaper from Stern and pass on the savings on (assuming other costs like shipping don't increase).

It may also come down to basic supply vs demand. The shutdowns have reduced Stern's ability to make as many games per day which has resulted in a big backorder of titles. Most of the Stern games on their way to Australia in the next few months have already been pre sold. The increased demand and lack of supply will most likely also play a factor in pin prices remaining high.

+1. It will take time for all the hedging and committed purchases to unwind, and they’ll need to see the AUD sit at that level for a long time before they can be confident that it will stay there.

That comment from Gomez re BOM is interesting. The LCD content would be expensive to make, and unlike a video game they are not selling 100K or 10M units over which to spread the costs.

I have never been a fan of the LCD, I don’t want to pay an extra 1 or 2K for what is in effect a very lame video game (B66 and Iron Maiden excepted).

• 5 months later...
It’s now 6 months later our dollar is even stronger and surprise surprise no price drop in NIB stern pinballs

I was gonna say they won't drop if they feel people will pay anyway. Stern did increase prices again but I think maybe only elvira/batman. I dunno If AMD did same with those two titles?

As long as people keep buying NIB LE’s just to move on to make a quick buck for more than RRP then the manufacturers will keep pushing up the prices purely as a strategic exercise to see where the madness ends.
  • Like 1