General Pinball Discussion.

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your argument is weak. He lost the machine because he is dumb. He posted a video on FB of Bank of Melbourne about ATM deposits that clearly states 'Cheque Clearance Days Apply'.

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
    Jesus, punish the guy that looses his machine through theft because of something he wrote on social media that someone else copys and pastes here?.

Sounds like Rugby Australia except he doesn't even work here. I'd rethink this one myself.

Comment

Double jeopardy the victim and defend the thief. Lets just suppose the thief is caught, what exactly do you think his punishment will be?. Hmmm, lets see, based on the poor thief's profile, charges dropped. The victim, unless he was insured, he looses $10.000.
      I don't know the guys that have posted here but if you are really serious about stopping spreading rasist remarks on this forum you would be having a word to the person that brought the copy from Facebook onto this forum in the first place because after all, I and I'm sure others would not have seen it on Facebook but then we wouldn't all be able to have a pile on for the victim would we?
      When you guys realize republishing racist remarks are exactly the same as publishing the racist remarks yourself, (even if it is for punishment purposes), only then you will understand where I am coming from but until then you are actually only adding to the problem in your quest to stamp out rasism because now the racists remarks are on two locations on the net.
      The victim looses $10000 and tells other to not fall for the same scam on this forum, ( he should be commended for that), and someone drags across something he wrote about it elsewhere on the net and there is a pile on.
      Seems everyone is too busy defending the writes of the thief that in my opinion pretty much lost all that when they stole in the first place.
      How offended is the victim?. How offending is the thief.
      I honestly think the victim has lost enough don't you considering the thief WILL get away with this crime scott free and will do it again.

Comment

The other forum was Aussie Arcade's facebook group, an extension of this one. I think it's fair enough for moderation to flow from one to the other.

Yes the guy is out of pocket. Yes he seems like he's racist. These are two separate things.
        Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
            Double jeopardy the victim and defend the thief. Lets just suppose the thief is caught, what exactly do you think his punishment will be?. Hmmm, lets see, based on the poor thief's profile, charges dropped. The victim, unless he was insured, he looses $10.000.
            I don't know the guys that have posted here but if you are really serious about stopping spreading rasist remarks on this forum you would be having a word to the person that brought the copy from Facebook onto this forum in the first place because after all, I and I'm sure others would not have seen it on Facebook but then we wouldn't all be able to have a pile on for the victim would we?
            When you guys realize republishing racist remarks are exactly the same as publishing the racist remarks yourself, (even if it is for punishment purposes), only then you will understand where I am coming from but until then you are actually only adding to the problem in your quest to stamp out rasism because now the racists remarks are on two locations on the net.
            The victim looses $10000 and tells other to not fall for the same scam on this forum, ( he should be commended for that), and someone drags across something he wrote about it elsewhere on the net and there is a pile on.
            Seems everyone is too busy defending the writes of the thief that in my opinion pretty much lost all that when they stole in the first place.
            How offended is the victim?. How offending is the thief.
            I honestly think the victim has lost enough don't you considering the thief WILL get away with this crime scott free and will do it again.
            He referred to black people as the N-word on a Facebook page directly associated with our forum.

If you don't think that warrants a ban, you are beyond rational argument.

Arcade King King, you did the right thing and the large majority of users on this site would support your decision.

Comment

Every one is assuming that the victim is white here? If the victim is black then he’s allowed to say it?

Lots of assumptions here.

That said, if it was in the AA FB group page, (which I didn’t realise) then a banning is warranted.

Also the reposter should be warned as there was no need to post up a pic comment. That’s as bad.

Could have just said about it and explained better without reposting the comments.

And Furbs , aren’t you black?
              The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

Originally posted by ajfclark View Post
                The other forum was Aussie Arcade's facebook group, an extension of this one. I think it's fair enough for moderation to flow from one to the other.

Yes the guy is out of pocket. Yes he seems like he's racist. These are two separate things.
                I am offended by racist remarks and I don't look at that other forum. Thanks guys. Now that it was republished here and I've seen it, I am now offended. See what I mean, hypocrisy.

You spread it in your attempt to stamp it out but I suppose that doesn't matter when virtue is involved does it?.

Comment

Damned if you do damned if you don't that's the life of an Admin.

Victim blaming what a load of crap the fact this thread still exists disproves that. No site on the internet would tolerate that sort of language in 2020 and I don't have the time or patience for this rubbish anymore.
                  Secondly Nick was not banned permanently however its a CLEAR waning to other's that sort of language will no be tolerated on here FB or anywhere else and I don't care what colour your skin is you'll be kicked off this site.
                  AA is a place to talk the hobby nothing more nothing less.

Here's nick's email if you have any information on the stolen pin sirilco@hotmail.com
                  Closed

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X