Ball Save Module for SS single ball pinballs

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could just do what farmer Peter say's on Friday night games & drinks "Why not make the flippers longer so the ball won't get through." I rest my case.

Comment

If you controlled both the outhole and trough kickout coils, you could potentially still do multiball machines? I assume you're starting a timer off the shooter lane switch?

Ball drains before timer expires
      kick outhole coil
      kick trough coil

If you monitored the ball1 trough switch too you could be a bit more intelligent

Ball drains before timer and there's a ball in trough 1: kick trough, kick outhole
      ball drains before timer and there's no ball in trough 1, kick outhol, kick trough

?
      Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

Originally posted by ajfclark View Post
        I assume you're starting a timer off the shooter lane switch?
        Exit shooter lane gate would be better.

Comment

If you controlled both the outhole and trough kickout coils, you could potentially still do multiball machines? I assume you're starting a timer off the shooter lane switch?

Ball drains before timer expires
          kick outhole coil
          kick trough coil

If you monitored the ball1 trough switch too you could be a bit more intelligent

Ball drains before timer and there's a ball in trough 1: kick trough, kick outhole
          ball drains before timer and there's no ball in trough 1, kick outhol, kick trough

?
          Yeah things start to get horribly complex when i have to trick a multiball machine and all its optos. I basically have to cut into them, then mimic there outputs to the CPU. Gets very complex for a mod for someone to wire in to their machine. The single ball is way simpler, just connect the ball trough switch into my board and mimic it to the CPU . Then I take over the ball trough shooter solenoid. but thanks for the suggestions as this is the feedback i want.

Comment

I should mention the Gottlieb EM's will give the ball back if you didn't score on your first ball. After that your on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
              I should mention the Gottlieb EM's will give the ball back if you didn't score on your first ball. After that your on your own.
              Only multiplayer machines and only for player 1. Because the reels are all 0000 still, it can't tell if it's the start or end of the first ball. Once player 1 ahs scored though, it knows the machine has reset correctly, so player 2 gets no such advantage.

Wedgeheads use a separate ball count unit adn know when ball 1 ends regardless of score.
              Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

Originally posted by thegrunta666 View Post

Yeah things start to get horribly complex when i have to trick a multiball machine and all its optos. I basically have to cut into them, then mimic there outputs to the CPU. Gets very complex for a mod for someone to wire in to their machine. The single ball is way simpler, just connect the ball trough switch into my board and mimic it to the CPU . Then I take over the ball trough shooter solenoid. but thanks for the suggestions as this is the feedback i want.
                I was thinking SS machines, before DMDs and optos and such. System 11 etc still used microswiches in the trough.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post

Exit shooter lane gate would be better.

I don't know that many machines that have one. Where it's present, yes.

Comment

I don't know that many machines that have one. Where it's present, yes.
                    Simple enough to fit one and unless you start the timer from that point, the timer could expire if the ball isn't shot up immediately defeating the whole purpose of this useful add on.

As for the SS multball machines, Williams, treating the 3rd trough position as the outhole switch may be required as they use the outhole switch solely to allow the ball to settle before kicking the ball to the 3rd trough position and then the ball is acknowledged as lost, ( through memory)
                    Maybe firing the 1st trough kicker when the outhole kicker is fired when there is still time left may fool the system. Because there is no ball in the 3rd position for long enough, it may do what you require.

Comment

Could use a simple 555 ic timer with a reed or opto switch to sense the ball had launched & drained in the 10 seconds allowed.

Comment

Only multiplayer machines and only for player 1. Because the reels are all 0000 still, it can't tell if it's the start or end of the first ball. Once player 1 ahs scored though, it knows the machine has reset correctly, so player 2 gets no such advantage.
                        Shhhh! Andrew you'll blow my advantage, that's why I always go first...

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X