General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball Save Module for SS single ball pinballs

Hi All

I have been toying with this idea for years. A ball save module to fit a SS pinball, it must be a single ball machine. So, fit this module, once you shoot the ball and lose it in like 10 seconds or less. The module would not let the MPU see the ball trough switch. So as far as the machine is concerned, the ball is still in play. The module would then fire the ball kicker, so you can shoot the ball again. Then after the 10 seconds if you lose the ball, the MPU would see the ball trough switch and do all the normal stuff !
    Just wondering if its a mod people would want to buy? All these things take me time and money to prototype and create. Thoughts?

Good on you Grant. That would be a very clever idea. Unfortunately all my Ballys are multiball with the exception of Captain Fantastic which is an EM. I know the wiring would have to be different of course but if you entertained making an EM version I'm all for it.
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by Railways View Post
      Good on you Grant. That would be a very clever idea. Unfortunately all my Ballys are multiball with the exception of Captain Fantastic which is an EM. I know the wiring would have to be different of course but if you entertained making an EM version I'm all for it.
      cant see why it would not work on a EM as well. Unfortunately if i do make them, you cant have one cos NSW wont take anything from Sictoria

Comment

I'd only be in on it if the ball save time was set to 10 mins lol

Comment

I would float the idea on pinside. US dollar, more potential customers. Pascal board on a Gottlieb has this feature so maybe compare costs to that and see if it is possible at a price point that is competitive. It's a great idea for a mod.

Comment

Not for me

Comment

Sound good but isn't it sort of taking away the nostalgia of those early games, because you could drain in 2 seconds flat made you a better player. IMO

Comment

I think most ss games had a pseudo ball save in that if you drain without scoring a point a new ball would eject.

Comment

Originally posted by pinball god View Post
                  I think most ss games had a pseudo ball save in that if you drain without scoring a point a new ball would eject.
                  Yeah, on my early Stern SS if you launch the ball and don't hit a single switch, you get your ball back.

You also get laughed at by everyone in the room and publicly shamed

Comment

Are you asking if that mod is desired or how to do it electrically?.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
                      Are you asking if that mod is desired or how to do it electrically?.
                      If it is desired

Comment

Steve Richie sent a message: Play better. Don't you have enough projects on the go? Unlike most of them, this one's not for me mate.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrunta666 View Post

If it is desired
                          Cool, I think it's worth a go. Very, very easy to get the ball on BP from the top to between the flippers in under 3 seconds but score one bumper hit......Grrrrrrr.

Wondering how each machine will detect the ball has actually entered the playfield area before the timer starts. The firing the outhole kicker I don't see as a problem however you will need a timer in that circuit so the ball actually settles before the outhole kicker kicks.
                          Having the outhole kick immediately when the switch is made simply won't work. There is more chance the ball will come back up between the flippers than fire over the "hump" unless you allow the ball to settle first.

Comment

Could you wire a light (maybe same player shoots again when lit) to flash for how ever many seconds to indicate if it will work?

Comment

Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                              Could you wire a light (maybe same player shoots again when lit) to flash for how ever many seconds to indicate if it will work?
                              Yep, sure can, you could put it under the credit up light on the apron and flash or whatever. it will have a little programable chip on it, so i could do all sorts of spiffy stuff. Its feedback like this I want, I had not even thought of this. Thank you from Sictoria.....

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X