Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Mirror blades.

Have installed a new Mirco Cirqus Voltaire plafield and there is no gap between playfield and cabinet to install mirror blades. Has anyone attempted to shave out a layer of the cabinet where the mirror blades sit to sit flush with the cabinet. Dont want to stuff it up.

No but I'd can the mirror blade install. Not worth the effort

Comment

I've seen people on Pinside use a nylon washer to spread out the cabinet slightly

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nylon washer.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	2144437

Comment

Originally posted by Manny65 View Post
        I've seen people on Pinside use a nylon washer to spread out the cabinet slightly

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nylon washer.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	2144437
        That looks like a good idea!
        Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

hmmm not sure what that would do to the cabinet or playfield..Suspect somethings gotta bend or warp.

Comment

I’d shave the playfield edges if it allows.
            Although I have seen mirrors routed in to the cab sides. Was on that Caddie Shack (NGG)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

Originally posted by Rawdon View Post
              Have installed a new Mirco Cirqus Voltaire plafield and there is no gap between playfield and cabinet to install mirror blades. Has anyone attempted to shave out a layer of the cabinet where the mirror blades sit to sit flush with the cabinet. Dont want to stuff it up.
              Is there no space on both sides or just one side?

I thought there was no gap on my White Water but managed to squeeze them in - you'd be surprised what will work. Just need to be gentle when lifting the playfield. Worst case scenario, the parts that are touching will scratch the mirror blades - but you won't see these areas while the playfield is down anyway.

Comment

I really love the affect of them( just did Metallica yesterday) but are very cumbersome to lift the playfield with.
                BTW not all cabs are the same.
                There could be 2 mil difference on the next one off the line.

There's a whole thread somewhere on protectors for slotting in to lift the playfield while working on it so it doesn't mark the blades here somewhere.

i like Edy's idea of trimming the playfield if possible.

Comment

I’ve never had an issue installing mirror blades in all my pins, just lucky perhaps but I recommend using these every time you lift the PF.

Pinball Life: Interior Cabinet Game Blade Protector Set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  In: Road Show, Bram Stokers Dracula, Star Trek Pro, Batman 66 Prem, Deadpool Pro, Munsters Pro, Getaway, Judge Dredd, Aerosmith Prem
                  Out: Baywatch, Tales from the Crypt, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Grand Prix, Johnny Mnemonic, Star Gate, Lord of the Rings

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X