Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Importing and shipping a machine from the US

nettek

Hello All,

I have a lead on a machine I'd like to buy and ship from the US into Sydney. It's a machine that I've been looking for on and off for over 20 years and there doesn't seem to be any left here in Australia. I realise this won't be a cheap exercise, and it will end up costing me way more than I could ever hope to recoup if I sold it again, but it's the game I used to play at the local shop as a kid and what got me started with this pinball obsession, so now's the time to do it.

So, my question is - do any of you know anyone in Australia that organises this, or anyone I could piggyback a spot in a container with?

• Administrators
Hello All,

I have a lead on a machine I'd like to buy and ship from the US into Sydney. It's a machine that I've been looking for on and off for over 20 years and there doesn't seem to be any left here in Australia. I realise this won't be a cheap exercise, and it will end up costing me way more than I could ever hope to recoup if I sold it again, but it's the game I used to play at the local shop as a kid and what got me started with this pinball obsession, so now's the time to do it.

So, my question is - do any of you know anyone in Australia that organises this, or anyone I could piggyback a spot in a container with?

maybe try @pinball classics

• Like 1

Email Jason at pinball Classics he ships out of LA a few containers a year so you have to wait till one fills. The cost is a sliding scale, the more you ship the cheaper it gets, but last year it was under $500US into Brisbane from LA landed. The only other cost is the gst, so get the seller to invoice accordingly.

The real cost may be overland freight across the US to LA.

My Sorcerer is due to land in Brisbane this week after a long wait, road trip in the next couple weeks to bring her home.

Bit more info here;

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...rom-the-states

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the info. I'll get in touch with Jason and see what we can sort out.

As for the machine, it's a 1970 Williams Strike Zone. It's a completely unremarkable machine, which is probably why none have survived here in Australia. The one good side of that is that they sell for not much money in the US.

So, this will be a labour of love and definitely not a financially sound exercise, particularly if I have to ship the backglass off to BGResto as well.

• Like 1