Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbiter 1 Chat. Post Your Views

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=o...archtype=quick

Hi all, just spotted this machine for sale in the States and being so different it appealed to me.

I love things that others don't if they have something special and this appears to.

Interested in others views, i see by it's low rating that opinions are divided on it.

Also interested to know what they are worth and if nice ones ever come up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	orbiter1.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	2102466
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

it's rare, it's different but a skidder to play.
    looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

That hasn't stopped me loving some of my other machines that people have called skidders. But thanks, i am after views.
      In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
      Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
      Looking for;

Comment

I have had two and moved them both on...

While fun to play for a bit, the novelty wears off when you realize you have close to zero control over your shots.

Saving balls from behind the flippers is cool!

Comment

Didn't KJS do a full restore on one of these?

Comment

Do tell?
            Looking for;

Comment

I love the game, but of course personal preference doesn't change its value.
              It's a novelty game, brilliant for a few games, but in a home collection it might get old pretty fast.
              Because of the bath-tub shape, you've got to aim your shots not at the target, but away from it as you need to adjust for the curves in the playfield - really fun and challenging to adjust your playing style to.
              In todays high priced second hand market it wouldn't be too high even though its rare but because of its limited replayability in a home market.... probably about 2-3k.

www.pinballmuseum.com.au
              www.facebook.com/pinballmuseum

Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with everything going on at the Australian Pinball Museum: www.pinballmuseum.com.au/?p=Newsletter

Comment

I had one that i sold about 6 months ago. It was really cool but it was definitely a novelty pin. It would only get played when new people came over and when room became a problem it was the least played so first to go.
                Getting parts for it especially the spinning bumpers is near impossible.

Comment

I like it, one of those games that plays better with a few beers in you.
                  Not many around.

Comment

Originally posted by raysco View Post
                    Not many around.
                    You did Kurt's cabinet for this one didn't you Ray? Did he end up keeping it or selling it? It was certainly a bloody interesting playfield, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post

You did Kurt's cabinet for this one didn't you Ray? Did he end up keeping it or selling it? It was certainly a bloody interesting playfield, that's for sure.
                      Yes Mate, Its been sold. I think he got an offer he couldnt refuse

Comment

I loved the game tbh. Unfortunately I needed to sell as I am scaling down from 21 to 10 machines and concentrating on my custom stuff otherwise it would have stayed. 2 more left last week and 2 more need to go. Sad but reality.

Quite a fun game imo and was sad to see it go.
                        It has gone to a local high end collector who does not frequent forums or social media. Maybe I will buy it back one day...

Raysco did the cab and playfield basics and I did the polishing, new cab parts, lighting etc, including a custom drain hole repair and mod. He did a stellar job as usual...

Click image for larger version  Name:	0f329b39a13ce1b9842c5805448029b8880b76da.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	2102738

Click image for larger version  Name:	10fad81b9e7b11fc691cb001e399560d93af3f3a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.0 KB ID:	2102739

Click image for larger version  Name:	a82f55674c91582e341c1cd939a09d77cee57250.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.2 KB ID:	2102740

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys, if anyone knows of or see's a nice one i'm all ears. I realize it probably won't get played as much as some of my other machines, but it's the type of oddity i buy.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got coming up KJS
                          Looking for;

Comment

A guy here in Morwell Vic by the name of Charles had one he was trying to sell for bloody ages and couldnít sell it, Iím not sure if he still has it though
                            He runs Gippsland Amusements in Morwell
                            Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Originally posted by raysco View Post
                              Not many around.
                              Dear Ray, how many is a few???

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X