This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the demand for these?

I'm just trying to work out what sort of demand there is out there for some stuff. I need to work out if it's worth the investment to become a distributor for some of the overseas suppliers but it will cost some bucks to start up as they need me to buy 5 of everything up front. If you're like me and sick of getting nailed by some of the big boys price-wise, it may be worth it.

Anyway, this is the stuff I need to buy 5 each of upfront:

FH translite
    FH plastics
    FH cab decals
    EATMP cab decals
    FT cab decals
    MM cab decals
    HS2 cab decals
    WH2O cab decals
    WW cab decals
    Slugfest cab decals
    Slugfest cpos

Do you think I'll be able to move it easily? (the price will savagely undercut the big boys)

Im in the market for some Getaway decals at the right price!

Comment

Originally posted by busboy
      Im in the market for some Getaway decals at the right price!
      Is $250 the right price?

Comment

If the price is right, I'm interested in the Fish Tales decals.

Comment

I'll put myself down for a set of FT at $250. Does your source/contact have Bram Stoker Dracula?
          Man cannot live with just one pinball.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pescefritte
            Is $250 the right price?
            OH YEAH! Put me down!

Comment

sounds great a word of warning however cheap aftermarket full cab decal kits that are aftermarket all together are not worth shit i bought 4 sets for my getaways and to be honest they are exactly that cheap shit copies and very easy to spot the heavy gauge of the original williams makes a big difference i donr know about the rest but unless you saw them up front id give the ft and getaway a big miss save up a little extra there is a place in the states that do the getaway for $270 us yeah its a bit more but the proof is in the finished product think of it this way way go to the expense and time of doing up a getaway for example only to butcher your work in the finish by a cheap set of stickers im not saying these are dodgy im just saying check them out first

Comment

Originally posted by gatherer000
                sounds great a word of warning however cheap aftermarket full cab decal kits that are aftermarket all together are not worth shit i bought 4 sets for my getaways and to be honest they are exactly that cheap shit copies and very easy to spot the heavy gauge of the original williams makes a big difference i donr know about the rest but unless you saw them up front id give the ft and getaway a big miss save up a little extra there is a place in the states that do the getaway for $270 us yeah its a bit more but the proof is in the finished product think of it this way way go to the expense and time of doing up a getaway for example only to butcher your work in the finish by a cheap set of stickers im not saying these are dodgy im just saying check them out first
                These are from a well known source in the US who is famous for printing cabinet decals. I'm getting a distributors discount if I buy so many from him.

Comment

If you get it up and running, and the supplier does Addams decals, I'd probly be in the market down the track.

Not right now though

Comment

Originally posted by garuda
                    If the price is right, I'm interested in the Fish Tales decals.
                    I did some rough calculations and came up with this:

Fish Tales - $360
                    Getaway High Speed 2 - $275
                    Whirlwind - $360
                    White Water - $355
                    Medieval Madness - $375
                    Fun House - $355
                    Elvira - $380
                    Slugfest - $360
                    Funhouse plastics set - $150

These are way cheaper than anything in the eastern states.

I stress, this is very rough so don't hold me to these. They include GST and postage and I will be making peanuts from them.

This is also provided that the supplier doesn't require me to buy too many of them as I don't really have that sort of cash lying around.

I'm only investigating at the moment so please no messages asking when it will be up and running. This may amount to nothing but I want to investigate fully before committing to anything. If you want to suggest what the more popular items will be or what you will definitely be interested in buying, please go ahead. I welcome your input.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Shock_And_Awe
                      I'll put myself down for a set of FT at $250. Does your source/contact have Bram Stoker Dracula?
                      Not available. Apparently you need a license from the Stoker's heirs to produce this.

Comment

maybe when you actually have one i got my first from a good source too and they were shit

Comment

Are you sourcing any of this stuff from phoenixarcade.com ? Just wondering who is running the artwork. Are the funhouse plastics NAPPA or TPF ?

Comment

I was told Mr Pinball sold FT decals for $375?? Just looked online but couldn't see them but $360 does not seem that cheap. Marco has FT for USD279
                            Man cannot live with just one pinball.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpot
                              Are you sourcing any of this stuff from phoenixarcade.com ? Just wondering who is running the artwork. Are the funhouse plastics NAPPA or TPF ?
                              All that gear I listed was from Phoenixarcade.

Originally posted by Shock_And_Awe
                              I was told Mr Pinball sold FT decals for $375?? Just looked online but couldn't see them but $360 does not seem that cheap. Marco has FT for USD279
                              And herein lies the problem. They will only give me a 20% discount as a distributor so it's going to be hard to compete. I'm working on it.
                              Last edited by Creech; 20th July 2006, 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X