Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's the demand for these?

Guest gunigoogoo

Guest gunigoogoo

I'm just trying to work out what sort of demand there is out there for some stuff. I need to work out if it's worth the investment to become a distributor for some of the overseas suppliers but it will cost some bucks to start up as they need me to buy 5 of everything up front. If you're like me and sick of getting nailed by some of the big boys price-wise, it may be worth it.

Anyway, this is the stuff I need to buy 5 each of upfront:

FH translite

FH plastics

FH cab decals

EATMP cab decals

FT cab decals

MM cab decals

HS2 cab decals

WH2O cab decals

WW cab decals

Slugfest cab decals

Slugfest cpos

Do you think I'll be able to move it easily? (the price will savagely undercut the big boys)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds great a word of warning however cheap aftermarket full cab decal kits that are aftermarket all together are not worth shit i bought 4 sets for my getaways and to be honest they are exactly that cheap shit copies and very easy to spot the heavy gauge of the original williams makes a big difference i donr know about the rest but unless you saw them up front id give the ft and getaway a big miss save up a little extra there is a place in the states that do the getaway for $270 us yeah its a bit more but the proof is in the finished product think of it this way way go to the expense and time of doing up a getaway for example only to butcher your work in the finish by a cheap set of stickers im not saying these are dodgy im just saying check them out first

Guest gunigoogoo
sounds great a word of warning however cheap aftermarket full cab decal kits that are aftermarket all together are not worth shit i bought 4 sets for my getaways and to be honest they are exactly that cheap shit copies and very easy to spot the heavy gauge of the original williams makes a big difference i donr know about the rest but unless you saw them up front id give the ft and getaway a big miss save up a little extra there is a place in the states that do the getaway for $270 us yeah its a bit more but the proof is in the finished product think of it this way way go to the expense and time of doing up a getaway for example only to butcher your work in the finish by a cheap set of stickers im not saying these are dodgy im just saying check them out first

These are from a well known source in the US who is famous for printing cabinet decals. I'm getting a distributors discount if I buy so many from him.

Guest gunigoogoo
If the price is right, I'm interested in the Fish Tales decals.

I did some rough calculations and came up with this:

Fish Tales - $360

Getaway High Speed 2 - $275

Whirlwind - $360

White Water - $355

Medieval Madness - $375

Fun House - $355

Elvira - $380

Slugfest - $360

Funhouse plastics set - $150

These are way cheaper than anything in the eastern states.

I stress, this is very rough so don't hold me to these. They include GST and postage and I will be making peanuts from them.

This is also provided that the supplier doesn't require me to buy too many of them as I don't really have that sort of cash lying around.

I'm only investigating at the moment so please no messages asking when it will be up and running. This may amount to nothing but I want to investigate fully before committing to anything. If you want to suggest what the more popular items will be or what you will definitely be interested in buying, please go ahead. I welcome your input.

Cheers

Guest gunigoogoo
I'll put myself down for a set of FT at $250. Does your source/contact have Bram Stoker Dracula?

Not available. Apparently you need a license from the Stoker's heirs to produce this.

Guest gunigoogoo
Are you sourcing any of this stuff from phoenixarcade.com ? Just wondering who is running the artwork. Are the funhouse plastics NAPPA or TPF ?

All that gear I listed was from Phoenixarcade.

I was told Mr Pinball sold FT decals for $375?? Just looked online but couldn't see them but $360 does not seem that cheap. Marco has FT for USD279

And herein lies the problem. They will only give me a 20% discount as a distributor so it's going to be hard to compete. I'm working on it.

Guest gunigoogoo
I was told Mr Pinball sold FT decals for $375?? Just looked online but couldn't see them but $360 does not seem that cheap. Marco has FT for USD279

$279 US = $372 AU (assuming 75c to the $1). Then add postage, currency conversion fees etc and you're probably looking at close to $400 by the time you get it here. My price is $360 - 10% cheaper. Still not good enough? Do you want me to make a loss then? I don't want to make a living out of this but I'm not a charity either.

maybe when you actually have one i got my first from a good source too and they were shit

Who was the source?

$279 US = $372 AU (assuming 75c to the $1). Then add postage, currency conversion fees etc and you're probably looking at close to $400 by the time you get it here. My price is $360 - 10% cheaper. Still not good enough? Do you want me to make a loss then? I don't want to make a living out of this but I'm not a charity either.

Who was the source?

tony

you need to be carful here as mr pinball also has 20% and 30% specails like know he has 20% off everything till 23rd

I would just buy for myself If I was you Unless you can pre sell them seems alot of cash, It could take you a while to get your $$ back and at only 20% markup you using you need to sell 4 sets of each to get your own for free.

and didnt someone on here say they can get them $250.00 in Brisbane

got a file off a pinball artwork site for the TZ decals and took to a printer and he said $250 for all 5 decals

most printers will do them if you a set to copy

mark

Theres a few things you have to ask with a $250 set of TZ decals though

Are they silkscreened or inkjet printed?

What type of vinyl adhesive is used?

Is the artwork from original films?

I guess you pay for peace of mind through phoenixarcade because you know the stuff is top notch and printed using originals films

Wheres it say hes marking up by 20%? The prices look retail to me... :unsure

Guest gunigoogoo
tony

you need to be carful here as mr pinball also has 20% and 30% specails like know he has 20% off everything till 23rd

mark

Yeah but what happens after the 23rd? Back to over inflated prices again.

This stuff from phoenixarcade is top notch, not some dodgy reprint from your local printer. I suppose it's a case of you get what you pay for.

For fucks sake you come on here asking for input and asking if your prices would get you some business. If you think people will buy from you to save 10% over a well known supplier then go for it.....fuck, what do I care??

This stuff from phoenixarcade is top notch, not some dodgy reprint from your local printer. I suppose it's a case of you get what you pay for.

Youd have to see the local print job before you wrote it off though, who knows it could be top notch also, i think the main thing is the art source

Guest gunigoogoo
For fucks sake you come on here asking for input and asking if your prices would get you some business. If you think people will buy from you to save 10% over a well known supplier then go for it.....fuck, what do I care??

Obviously you don't. Thanks for your input. You've been a big help.

Shock, youve been around long enough to know not to post shit like this to pesci otherwise duck for cover :lol surprised by his mild response maybe he's still winding up:lol