Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Site Report: Intencity, Macquarie S/C, Sydney

Two machines - SWEP1 and TAF.

I went for the SWEP1 first as I'd never played one. My eyes being taken up with the video, I didn't notice the simplicity of the playfield at first but once the eye candy wore off, I was a bit disappointed.

I was unsurprised at how piss-weak the flippers were. When I looked closer I packed up laughing. Picture your normal flippers at being at say 10 and 2 o'clock when properly adjusted. Now picture the left hand one at 2, and the right hand one at 11:30 and you'll get an idea of what Im talking about. Must have picked up about 4 extra balls and eventually walked away in disgust. My wife finished off for me. It was almost like the machine was saying "please don't leave me here".

The TAF had chronic mansion wear, magnet burn and was the typical POS route machine that you'd see an op sell on Ebay as "100% working" for $4500. It was shit. Flippers were out of adjustment of course, chair wear etc etc. I gave up.

It's a sad indictment on arcade maintenance that you'd rather walk away from an on-site pin and get back home to play one that's at least adjusted correctly.

Last year I went to Intencity at Salisbury (SA) to look at a Congo pinny they were selling. It was the only pin there.

Deadset this thing had about 2 globes working the flippers were shagged, one didnt even have a ring!! It was filthy and had some wear and they still wanted $2500. I had 2 games and later offered them $2000 and was politely declined.

I notice they dont have any pins for sale on their site these days, maybe its the end of the line for them at Intencity, but if they are not gonna look after them its probably for the better.

I have also found that most pins at Intencity venues down here in Melb are also poorly maintained. Minimum maintenance to keep them going. It's a shame as it does put off potential new pinball players!

the techs would not know what they were doing

techs for intencity et al work on modular replacement - take out a borken part and put in a shiny new one - not so easy and alot more costly with pins

however you also need to understand that it aint easy becoming an experton all the 90's architecutres. A gottlieb sys3 is a lot different to WCS

I have also found that most pins at Intencity venues down here in Melb are also poorly maintained. Minimum maintenance to keep them going. It's a shame as it does put off potential new pinball players!

Same here in Albury. *Really* dirty playfields with minimum lighting... and they're all Sega games eg Lost world, Space Jam, ID4...

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Intencity at Marion SC (Adelaide) the other day. 3 Pinnys: Scared Stiff, Attack from Mars and Elvis.

Scared Stiff was barely OK but the game reset duing my last ball (WTF?).

AFM was rooted , the flipper bushes were so worm those suckers were flapping around like a dick in a shirt sleeve!! And one set of stand up targets were that beaten they were flopping around on the playfield.

Elvis was in excellent nick compared to the other 2, and still felt quite tight, but during the game a "spare" ball appeared out of somewhere and when it went down the guts, the game reset for the next ball (note:I was not in multiball play at the time!)

All in all, barely worth my $3!