Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Melbourne Airport

Just a "heads up" to any one travelling to or thru Melb airport.

They have heaps of pinnys there.

In VB finger there is T3, 2 x TSPP and a LOTR.

Just around the corner in the "International" food court where Hungry Jacks are there is another small arcade with TSPP, T3, ToM and LOTR.

In the walkway to the QF Terminal they have TAF and IJ. All machine are in good nick. I had to waste some time there today waiting for a business meeting and went thru a few bucks on them. Really enjoyed ToM., it was the first time I had played it.

I played that T3 last year when I was passing through for the first time..Was really amped when I saw it since I own a T2..Played for a good hour or so on one $2.00 and gave the remaining credits to some kids. Was a bit dissapointed as most shots were the same as T2 and the BG novelty soon wore off..Was so easy to rack up credits on that machine..

I gave them a decent going over when putting my bro on a plane to the UK last year.

Played IJ, TAF and Sth Park. First time i had played them in real life.

IJ seemed to have all the posts set on 'hard' ie big gaps, so there was a bit of draining for me :(

There was also a Simpsons 4 player and a TMNT

Agreed, I was there last week and they have a nice collection of pins (disregarding condition).

IJ is nicely playable except the PoA mini-playfield doesn't go left but it had a completely non-faded cabinet. The TAF is in a pretty bad state of "horribleness".

The LOTR ("International" food court one) is probably the worst I've played as the right flipper wouldn't pull the skin off a bowl of custard and the outlane posts aren't rubbered (or they have been removed completely - can't remember on that one). It was pretty awful.

Best player of the lot by far was the TSPP, that was a hoot! Also had a Scared Stiff on Qantas domestic gate 1 or 2.

Just a tip, check underneath the lockdown bars for dollar coins. It seems these things attract a lot of non-pinplaying folk as I found a few dollar coins under two of them. They didn't realise that if you placed coins on the pf glass the coins would slide down under the lockdown bar. A couple of credit cards removed the coins nicely...

I might use some of my Frequent flyer points and just go to Melb Airport to play some pins as we seem to have nothing on location down here unless you want to play AF with one flipper or FT with no rubbers or IJ with all of the before mentioned..I offered to buy these of the guy who has them in his dodgy Family Fun business and he told me to go away as I wouldn't have the money to buy them he just ships them to his mate on the mainland where people will pay big bucks for them (his words not mine).True story