Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tassie Firepower with pics

DKong

Just done a bit of searching and found someone downhere with a Firepower..Over the the phone he was looking for $1500.00 ..didn't tell me anything about the game and says he is going to list on ebay in the next few weeks...Man I l always end up negotiating with the Steve Ritchie pinballs if I get this I will ahve F14, Teminator and now Firepower ...

Should I go for a more open type of playfield as all Steve's, Williams seem to have a lot of long shots?

anyhelp guys?

Kewl..do you reckon $1500 is a good price for a 1980 game? Cripes I paid $2000 for my T2 only 3-4 years ago..needed abit of work and I am sure this will too. Mainly going to look at back glass as painted BG can be shot big time and that is hard to replace ...playfield well hoping for a repro platfield in the future if it is crap then I might knock him down a bit..wil take some photo's of his arcade games if I get down there this weeeked think he has a lot stand up drivng cabs

has a gauntlet 4-player original if anyone is intersted

I have been thinking Fowerpoer ( affodable ) thats the sputnik for non real eighties boys..love the look of four bumpers ..says it has a sound prob could be a quick rom change ?...but being in tassie for so long it will need a few things doing to it and coils would of been changed to the closest one available .

$1500 is pretty good. that machine is pretty rare and sought after. it is one of the better 80's games by the looks of it. i think you also got a bargain with your T2. most i see are $2500 - $3500 and the cheaper ones are pretty stuffed. so don't compare the 2!

There is a fire power at the auction in sydney this weekend.

There will be lots of us there if you want us to tell you condition etc

That would be great! Was someone going to do a price list from that auction too?

Might go and check this one out on Saturday

Can't believe I spelled it Fowerpoer :lol in my previous post

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got down south to check it out today..it wasn't worth the $1500.00 as I mentioned a few things Cab repaint slight wear on playfield. It lite up but the scores didn't work (none so hoping this will be easy fix). The back glass has worn but only on the blue parts .Will post more when I pick it up ended up getting it for $600.00 It's complete!:D Ask him if he could open it and no shit before a realised he had a crowbar in the door and and bent it open :cry .Say's he does it all the time..No real damage done..the under playfield looks good.took a few pictures around his storage shed..Will post more soon!

I am really happy to get it for $600..even for parts..but this will be restored to it's former glory!

Under the playfield looks very tidy!...

Good score!

That sold me. no burns or anythng bad.

I think you got it for a fair price.

It looks like with some TLC you will have a nice machine.

Well done. Take lots of photos

Thanks mate. I have never repainted a pinball cab or touched up a playfield so I am on a new learning curve. Will be taking lots of photo's and asking lot's of advice:D

If I only every get to own one pinball it'll be a Firepower. Don't know why but it always brings fond memories. My second favourite is T2 and I only just found out today (beofre actually reading your post) that they were both designed by the same guy. Good luck with your Firepower.

I found this today and am sure you already have but just in case:

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/

Lots of info and downloads.

If I only every get to own one pinball it'll be a Firepower. Don't know why but it always brings fond memories. My second favourite is T2 and I only just found out today (beofre actually reading your post) that they were both designed by the same guy. Good luck with your Firepower.

I found this today and am sure you already have but just in case:

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/

Lots of info and downloads.

Funny thing is F-14 Tomcat was my first ..aghhh..and that was designed by Steve Ritchie too.. So I will now have (when I get it back safely tomorrow morning) A F-14 Tomcat..T2..And Firepower all designed by the same guy and I think Eugene Jarvis did the sound on all of them too..Pretty cool that the only one's I have been able to purchase are by the same person. Except for one EM ( playmatic ) which was to cheap to resist.

Thanks for the info on cab decals! I have decided to go the other track and keep the original artwork. Just seems wrong to stick decals over paint and these things are a work of art..Maybe one day but now I am determined to get the thing running..Any system 6 driver experts out there? It lites up when I turn it on..Two Leds are on all the time. Has been changed to the newer rom chip at IC14 with the bridging.so it cuts out the use of IC26.IC22,IC21..All score displays don't do work..There is a faint light in the corner so power is getting there..

Have protected the BG with some acrylic clear..And I am glad i did it as I was losing more artwork everytime I moved the fucker..

Thanks for the info on cab decals! I have decided to go the other track and keep the original artwork. Just seems wrong to stick decals over paint and these things are a work of art..Maybe one day but now I am determined to get the thing running..Any system 6 driver experts out there? It lites up when I turn it on..Two Leds are on all the time. Has been changed to the newer rom chip at IC14 with the bridging.so it cuts out the use of IC26.IC22,IC21..All score displays don't do work..There is a faint light in the corner so power is getting there..

Have protected the BG with some acrylic clear..And I am glad i did it as I was losing more artwork everytime I moved the fucker..

Both leds locked on could be caused by any number of things.

Read up on marvins site for more info into finding the problems.

I've been repairing pinball circuit boards for years so if you can't fix them yourself you could post the boards to me to test and repair them for you.

$30 an hour and i'm not out to rip you off.

I've been repairing pinball circuit boards for years so if you can't fix them yourself you could post the boards to me to test and repair them for you.

$30 an hour and i'm not out to rip you off.

Thanks for offering the service but will have a go myself. (for now).

The installed combo rom was done incorrectly. I have now corrected it with diodes and a resistor ( http://pinball.flippers.info/system6repairappendixa.asp ).

Now when I turn it on the top LED stays on and the bottom one flashes then turn off. This happens everytime I turn it off then on. Clay's site and others say a bad IC14 (Combo rom). Plus the one in the game is soldered ( piggy backed) on top of the original rom. So wil put in a new socket too..

Picture of original combo rom.

Thanks for offering the service but will have a go myself. (for now).

The installed combo rom was done incorrectly. I have now corrected it with diodes and a resistor ( http://pinball.flippers.info/system6repairappendixa.asp ).

Now when I turn it on the top LED stays on and the bottom one flashes then turn off. This happens everytime I turn it off then on. Clay's site and others say a bad IC14 (Combo rom). Plus the one in the game is soldered ( piggy backed) on top of the original rom. So wil put in a new socket too..

Picture of original combo rom.

No worries.

Let me know how you go with it and if you need any new roms i have them.

No worries.

Let me know how you go with it and if you need any new roms i have them.

Thanks.. I will take you up on the roms. I will need ATM.

FirePower

Eprom 2732 Combo Rom (IC14)

2 x Green Flipper eprom 2716 (left and right IC17 and IC20)

How much do you want for them including postage (postcode 7250)

direct deposit or Paypal Ok? PM me if you like.

Thanks again!

Thanks.. I will take you up on the roms. I will need ATM.

FirePower

Eprom 2732 Combo Rom (IC14)

2 x Green Flipper eprom 2716 (left and right IC17 and IC20)

How much do you want for them including postage (postcode 7250)

direct deposit or Paypal Ok? PM me if you like.

Thanks again!

Hows $25 including postage sound.

If you want them let me know and i'll PM you with my bank details.