Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MASSIVE PINBALL AUCTION ! 25th june NSW

jeff

yobs

dont think this has been mentioned before so checkout http://www.lawsonmenzies.com.au/lawsons.html for all the details ;)

the games are from MICHEAL SHALOUBs collection

he was on tv with a 5 minute segment about 1 month ago on "mornings with kerri-anne" and had quite a few games on display :cool:

anyone else seen that feature :unsure

looks like an interesting auction so worth a look

start saving your pennys children :badgrin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wotto

I saw the segment and agree they looked great on the Telly- Good for pinball generally that 5 minutes of TV.

I have also seen some of the machines that are headed for that auction, Dracula, Fish Tales, terminators etc and they were in very nice condition ( even by my stupidly high standards ).

I also know that Michael has been working his ring out testing all functions on the machines so that they work correctly before he auctions them.

I personally saw him cycle through a few machines while I was at his place which was 3 weeks ago, I spoke to him yesterday and he is still triple checking them.

So by all rights they should be good electronically as well as cosmetically.

Wotto

:D :p :D

Interesting: 2 x Fish Tales, 2 x Getaway, White Water, Demo Man, STTNG, FunHouse (!), Bride Of Pinbot.

If the machines are as in good condition as they're reported to be, I think they might go for significantly more that the suggested prices.

If the machines are as in good condition as they're reported to be, I think they might go for significantly more that the suggested prices.

that's what I was thinking but hoping that due to the quantity of pinnies on sale maybe enough to keep demand for individual pinnies low?? ok I'm dreaming:lol There's a few there that I will have a very close look at;)

hey virgil don't leave me out, this is a five-some baby:D

I am there. I might go saturday as well.

Maybe a few beers before loosen that bidding hand up.

hehehe sounds good. As for bidding, my main priority will be to come home with a Creature. After that if there is a good price on any of the following I will seriously consider : Funhouse, T2, STNG, WW, Roadshow, Corvette.

looks like bumper action have decided to have there auction the same weekend as this one :unsure :x

What's everyone's experience with buying machines from Bumper Action Amusements?

I've never bought a machine from them, but their prices for parts verge on the extortionate, and they've been slow to respond to my emails at times.

Are their machines in good condition, reasonably priced...?

Are their machines in good condition, reasonably priced...?

Ah hahahahahahaha. You mean like the $9500 second hand Lord Of The Rings, that you can buy NIB for around $7200 if you look ? I don't mind businesses making a profit - that's what they do, but outright theft is another thing altogether.

Spoke to Lawsons at lunchtime. It's the usual format - inspect/play before, auction starts 12pm Sunday. They'll have a couple of techs there both days and they don't have any problems with more in-depth inspections (ie checking for raised inserts, cooked boards etc).

They also said that pickup/payment is "usually" 2 days after auction, however because they're big and bulky machines they will be a bit more accomodating.

Guest Wotto
MAN !!!!! My kid has a footy knockout on Sunday !! Might have to grease the palm of an oppostion player to take him out so we can get away early and make it to this auction !!! :lol

• Super Moderator

I'd fly down for this one, what a day out. Have family visiting from NSW Central Coast that weekend which sort of screws up that idea.

Someone needs to minute the auctions, prices against the catalogue with pics where ever possible..

What a bastard.. Gives me the shits, fricking family visiting. :x

W.