Interest in Pinball Restoration DVD - Aussie Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in Pinball Restoration DVD - Aussie Style

I keep getting asked about my backglass reproduction and have had it suggested I do a DVD.

DVD on the backglasses would only run about 15 minutes but I was thinking of adding in:

Cabinet stenciling and spraying
    Playfield restoration/painting/color matching
    Choice of tools - airbrush etc.
    Playfield clearcoating

Maybe do a tour of people's collections in Adelaide as well, just to pad the DVD out.

I recon a good price to sell would be about $10 - $15 considering editing and cinematography would not be Hollywood standard.

Before I start on such a stupidly self indulgent orgy of pinball mania, how many of you guys would consider buying it? (to fund my pinball addiction)

This is a BRILLIANT idea !!

BG restoration is an area that could well do with a LOT more input from the GLOBAL pin community.

What about if those of us with digital video camera's created loads of files of our games in gameplay and sent them to you on DVD's so you had many "padding" sections for the DVD ( you know , do a main subject section , then fade/roll out to 10 seconds of a pinball lit up in action, then fade/roll back to your next part of the main subject).

You could get a really nice DVD out of it.

If I can- I will help in any way required.

Let me know
    Wotto

Comment

Sounds great. Wotto you should start to video some of your restoration process, and send dark the tape to edit.

Comment

put me down fr one :-)

Comment

Originally posted by catty
          Sounds great. Wotto you should start to video some of your restoration process, and send dark the tape to edit.
          Trouble is- all my restores are now done - with plenty of pics but NO video.
          However- if anyone would like to donate thier old 80's pin to me I can restore it and video it at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Wotto
            Trouble is- all my restores are now done - with plenty of pics but NO video.
            However- if anyone would like to donate thier old 80's pin to me I can restore it and video it at the same time
            Wotto, that s/i of mine is itching to be restored. Maybe we can work something out.

Comment

Great idea, id definitely buy a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by catty
                Wotto, that s/i of mine is itching to be restored. Maybe we can work something out.
                So we shall meet at say........Coffs Harbour then ? For the exchange?

Comment

Glad there is so much interest. It will be a little while before I get organised enough to start the DVD, then there is the editing etc.

All I need is a sidekick to do the camera work and a sex chick!

Comment

Yep,
                    Would be good. I've got pics of when I repaired my IJ playfield and 2 pac clearcoated it, if you want pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Wotto
                      So we shall meet at say........Coffs Harbour then ? For the exchange?

Do it catty. Free resto. You know Wotto's the man too. I wanna play that thing one day.
                      The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Sounds good to me Wotto. Pm your address and I'll send you a disk with some high res photos, so you can have a good look before we go to far. The playfield is shit. The cabinet is delaminating in places, and I have ****ed around with the underside of the playfield. But the good news is, well there isn't much. It was fully working, and the backglass is in good nick so I suppose thats something.

Comment

Wotto, say yes. You know you want to. lol

I'm excited. I may actually get to play catty's SI pinny one day.
                          The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Count me in...

INTERESTED IN GOTTLIEB VOLCANO and STAR RACE. IF YOU CAN HELP, WELL ITS A BONUS.......

Comment

I don't think I can double as a sexy chick (although there was this party one time....), but I can hold the camera.

Cheers,
                              Xygt

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X