Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POTC Cherry...what a dog!

I played a POTC for the first time today at Haymarket in Sydney with a mate from work. What a dissappointment...come to think of it its the first new stern I've played. I hope they are not all like that one, it was an absolue drain monkey. The only thing pirat'ie about this one is how fast it took my coin. Your thoughts???

Anyone know if an IJ4 is in Sydney somewhere..I need redemption.

TSPP is a good game, well I like it heaps!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy View Post
      I played a POTC for the first time today at Haymarket in Sydney with a mate from work. What a dissappointment...come to think of it its the first new stern I've played. I hope they are not all like that one, it was an absolue drain monkey. The only thing pirat'ie about this one is how fast it took my coin. Your thoughts???

l think the ole 90s pins play better than the new machines...

Comment

Originally posted by pinball-collector View Post
        l think the ole 90s pins play better than the new machines...
        Agree....just don't make em like they used to.

Comment

POTC was the easiest pinball i have ever played, its also the worst stern out of the recent titles

Comment

I've been trying to work out why the new Sterns feel 'clunky' compared to the 90s Williams machines.

Why do you think that is...?

Comment

Maybe its all to do with the title - POTC had a big build pinwise with a pretty entertaining film and then we had WOF based on a tv game show- I feel FG and IJ4 will lift the bar a fair bit and Shrek will have to wait and see.
              http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy View Post

Must have been the way it was set up.

I've played one locally a couple of times. Games usually lasted at least 10 minutes. Replay was set at something like 15 mil.

Originally posted by GEE View Post
                I've been trying to work out why the new Sterns feel 'clunky' compared to the 90s Williams machines.

Pretty much have the same feel as DE/Sega from the 90's to me.
                Last edited by rod71; 22 May 2008, 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Excessive draining on POTC can be caused by the wrong playfield inclination.
                  Q.Are we not men? A.We are DEVO!

Comment

Ive said it before, but one of the things that attracted me to TSPP was that it felt more like a williams bally.
                    I switch from it to my Williams machines, and it doesnt feel QUITE as solid, but damn its close
                    sigpic

Comment

cause its really a DE...but with a less impressive flipper driver board.
                      sigpic

"Oh my mistake..you are wrong."

Comment

yeah i always felt that on any stern i played that the flipper strength and response doesn't measure up to Bally/Williams. But then again it could be due to lack of maintenance these machines receive

Comment

I have no prejudice against Stern. I like LOTR SM FG and some other too. But for me POTC is a piece of shit. Hate it.
                          AROUND THE LEFT ORBIT, THROUGH THE POP BUMPERS, OFF THE STAND-UPS, INTO THE RIGHT VUK, DOWN THE RIGHT INLANE, UP THE CENTRE RAMP;NOTHING BUT JACKPOT!

Comment

Chinese parts, Mexican labour
                            only Stern knows
                            All I know is they got it very wrong on this one.
                            great theme, poorly executed.

Too bad
                            Pinball, Its an Addiction

Comment

I really like almost everything about the game....except for how it plays. I really like the features on the game like sinking the pirate ship and then the Kracken shot. The ramps are ok and there's some nice shots all round but for some reason the game gets really boring after 10 minutes of play and then I'm done with it. I can't really put my finger on why it leaves me bored.
                              Man cannot live with just one pinball.
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X