Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

POTC Cherry...what a dog!

I played a POTC for the first time today at Haymarket in Sydney with a mate from work. What a dissappointment...come to think of it its the first new stern I've played. I hope they are not all like that one, it was an absolue drain monkey. The only thing pirat'ie about this one is how fast it took my coin. Your thoughts???

Anyone know if an IJ4 is in Sydney somewhere..I need redemption.:cry

I played a POTC for the first time today at Haymarket in Sydney with a mate from work. What a dissappointment...come to think of it its the first new stern I've played. I hope they are not all like that one, it was an absolue drain monkey. The only thing pirat'ie about this one is how fast it took my coin. Your thoughts???

l think the ole 90s pins play better than the new machines...:rolleyes

Maybe its all to do with the title - POTC had a big build pinwise with a pretty entertaining film and then we had WOF based on a tv game show- I feel FG and IJ4 will lift the bar a fair bit and Shrek will have to wait and see.:unsure

Must have been the way it was set up.

I've played one locally a couple of times. Games usually lasted at least 10 minutes. Replay was set at something like 15 mil.

I've been trying to work out why the new Sterns feel 'clunky' compared to the 90s Williams machines.

Why do you think that is...?

Pretty much have the same feel as DE/Sega from the 90's to me.

I've been trying to work out why the new Sterns feel 'clunky' compared to the 90s Williams machines.

Ive said it before, but one of the things that attracted me to TSPP was that it felt more like a williams bally.

I switch from it to my Williams machines, and it doesnt feel QUITE as solid, but damn its close

yeah i always felt that on any stern i played that the flipper strength and response doesn't measure up to Bally/Williams. But then again it could be due to lack of maintenance these machines receive

Chinese parts, Mexican labour:rolleyes

only Stern knows

All I know is they got it very wrong on this one.

great theme, poorly executed.

Too bad:confused:

I really like almost everything about the game....except for how it plays. I really like the features on the game like sinking the pirate ship and then the Kracken shot. The ramps are ok and there's some nice shots all round but for some reason the game gets really boring after 10 minutes of play and then I'm done with it. I can't really put my finger on why it leaves me bored.

I played the same machine in Haymarket a few weeks ago. I also found it somewhat boring after a while, it feels as has been said quite clunky and has a severe shortage of drop targets. Only played it the once and couldn't be bothered with another round, gave all of my free credits to some kids having a rather violent game of air hockey. I think they must reset the scores every day or something, I played at about 11am and got the highest score (about 145 million), which doesn't seem right at all considering my lame skillz ;)

I played the same machine in Haymarket a few weeks ago. I also found it somewhat boring after a while, it feels as has been said quite clunky and has a severe shortage of drop targets. Only played it the once and couldn't be bothered with another round, gave all of my free credits to some kids having a rather violent game of air hockey. I think they must reset the scores every day or something, I played at about 11am and got the highest score (about 145 million), which doesn't seem right at all considering my lame skillz ;)

I think you still have the hi score....surprised it kept your interest long enough to get your initials in...lol Its definately a Doggie!

Keep your eyes out for an IJ4 or shrek!

I really like almost everything about the game....except for how it plays. I really like the features on the game like sinking the pirate ship and then the Kracken shot. The ramps are ok and there's some nice shots all round but for some reason the game gets really boring after 10 minutes of play and then I'm done with it. I can't really put my finger on why it leaves me bored.

Totally agree