Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Importing pins

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm interested depending on condition, i know they are container games but will this guy be sending over some pics? And whats the damage on shipping? Are the games complete?

Interested in a WH20

Maybe Markc can be of assistance here, he gets them in from Italy?

Guest gunigoogoo
I vaguely remember someone mentioned that they imported one of his containers and the machines were all crap. Might have been Markc but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm somewhat interested.. maybe the world cup or jurassic park (these prices are including shipping over here?) but I wouldn't be prepared to lay down the cash without knowing the condition the pinnys are in first.

If that's the case then you definitely DON'T want a pinball machine.........:rolleyes

No I am in tight arse mode till my house extension with my new theatre room is done. Becasue I dont know how much money I will have left if any.

PM me with a price so I have an idea

seems to me like risky business. I have heard a few stories about "experienced" people in the industry being stung big time from container loads of pinballs. Anyone else here know any details of this sort of stuff?

That said, I am interested and would like to find out more. If everything checks out and shipping costs good I would be interested in any or all of the following that aren't taken :

Getaway

Roadshow

TFTC

TZ

White Water

Any chance of a 2nd AFM in this delivery:)

Hmm interested depending on condition, i know they are container games but will this guy be sending over some pics? And whats the damage on shipping? Are the games complete?

Interested in a WH20

Maybe Markc can be of assistance here, he gets them in from Italy?

I havent ever got any from Italy and WONT. check out other chat sites and see what is said about our friend in Italy all I can say is be very carful. I would say make sure you fly over first and then watch them being packed too

also re prices the ones on the list not too bad

Addam 1250 euro is approx 2100 aussie add freight approx $300.00- $400.00 aussie each ( this includes insurance and packing, I would make sure they pack them properly ) then add fees at this end say $50 a pinball then GST $250.00

so thats 2800 still very good price for a addams then add a even amount across the board for repairs and parts we work on a range from 800 to 1200 ( you will make this cheaper if you do the repairs yourself) PER pinball some will need displays and so on. Most of them will have just come off site and will need to be cleaned and serviced PLUS parts. Also you will need to change the roms to English and change the power Supplies to aussie power and fit new leads and so on. And get coin mechs done to work here too thats around $65.00 per coin mech.

still a good addms for around 3500 to 4000 is nice but what if the body needs some work?

some will need very little work but i can tell from importing over 200 pinballs in the last 18 months most will need parts and work done.

as I can see by the list you have some lost leaders too

other points to think off

if you are doing it together

who unpacks the container ( and cleans it before they pick the empty container up) who claims back the GST on the import ? and then sells them to each other? where are they to be stored who will fix them who sells the unwanted ones ?

if you need anything else or help feel free to call me 0417 354 037

mark

Thanks for the info Mark.

no problem

if you need info on this guy ring me or email me.

I have spent many hours searching for people to buy from even had people over there look around for me

keith from my factory was over there for a holiday well he spent most of it looking for pinballs

I am going over later this year again to search for more.

look some of them are great but others well

too many stories of lost or never arrived containers

I have done some digging and have made a contact for importing pins from Europe.

Ive been sent a price for 21pins

price in euros

Any of the Sydney Crew interested?

I would be taking the AFM, RFM,TFTC

There is no AFM on the list.Im guessing you mean Addams Family.I would be interested in the Corvette but it all seems pretty risky going by what Mark said.

Thanks mark for your great post.

There is always a element of risk when buying anything from oversea.

I have been very lucky to have only been stung a few times.

Photos do really do much to take the risk out of it.

You really need to go and see the machines in person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

Also, a good friend of mine in Sydney is in the freight forwarding business (containers and lots of them).. If you want Hamish, I'll give him a call and get you guys to make contact..?

W.