Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinball Factory - Croc Hunter MM etc

Hey there

I will lay my cards on the table and say i am a non-believer.

However, has anyone been to Wayne's or forked out cash for a deposit on one of the new games?

Ric
    Ric
    looking for:
    the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
    Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
    Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

There has been a stir about this on R.G.P usenet, and a news item at www.retroblast.com
    The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Dont start me Ric, dont start me...................OK you started me.

Seriously- would ANYONE be that stupid

Mate ask Wayne and he will tell you they took about 500 pre-orders BUT look at his forum page and you will see that most discussion forums have been removed- I wonder why that would be?

What an absolute waste of time this all is.

He has " the industry" and individuals running scared while repro parts stop getting made as well. People should just roll on and re-produce parts etc and get on with business while this clown sits around doing absolutely nothing.

I have never known ANY industry to have one man to be able to hold a gun to it's head like this guy is with whats left of the Pinball industry.
      He will go down in history as the guy that FINALLY pushed the pin industry off into oblivion.

Comment

I have to agree with Mark

But I guess my post is born from what Ian was saying.

I have follwoed the hype and the stories and, morever, the anger that has been associated with the Pinball Factory and their storng arm tactics of using the threat of lawyers to push small buisness/hobbiests from amking repro parts.

I guess I was seeing if anyone in Oz has seen one of these fabled machines or knows more?

Or are we waitng for the smoke to disperse and th mirrors to shatter?

Ric
        Ric
        looking for:
        the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
        Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
        Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

Comment

The amount of pre-orders have suprised me considering the lack of information and detail available to potential customers as to how they will produce such a number of machines in such a short time

Comment

I believe most orders are from large distributers.
            Maybe he gave them a better deal

Comment

He is also pushing the price of repro parts through the roof. If people want to sell parts he has to get a cut or his lawyers come in. I saw a Shadow brick wall target (simple plastic target and a highly breakable part) sell for $107USD on US Ebay. ****ing ludicrous.

Comment

I know this guy gets a real bad rap everywhere but I want to know what everyone thinks........what are the chances of him remaking CC or MM??

0%?
                50%?
                100%?

Put aside all personal issues and reputations with the guy.....surely there's gotta be something behind all this?? surely somethings got to happen??

Lets just say that hypothetically I was looking at buying a MM, what would you expect to happen to the value of one if Mr Pinball does remake them? What impact would this have on the resale of a legit MM?
                Man cannot live with just one pinball.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shock_And_Awe
                  I know this guy gets a real bad rap everywhere but I want to know what everyone thinks........what are the chances of him remaking CC or MM??

0%?
                  50%?
                  100%?

Put aside all personal issues and reputations with the guy.....surely there's gotta be something behind all this?? surely somethings got to happen??

Lets just say that hypothetically I was looking at buying a MM, what would you expect to happen to the value of one if Mr Pinball does remake them? What impact would this have on the resale of a legit MM?
                  I would expect that there is a 50% chance of him producing these pinballs. I think by reproducing these pinballs it will raise the popularity of the originals. To me, and to a lot of collectors, if it does not have the original Bally/Williams logos it is not original.

Comment

Originally posted by garuda
                    I would expect that there is a 50% chance of him producing these pinballs. I think by reproducing these pinballs it will raise the popularity of the originals. To me, and to a lot of collectors, if it does not have the original Bally/Williams logos it is not original.
                    Agreed. Your genuine Bally/Williams will always be just that.

No remake will ever replace factory originals.

Your genuine Bally/Williams will continue to rise and rise in value. In 10-15 years time, these thing WILL be worth a fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour
                      Agreed. Your genuine Bally/Williams will always be just that.

No remake will ever replace factory originals.

Your genuine Bally/Williams will continue to rise and rise in value. In 10-15 years time, these thing WILL be worth a fortune.
                      why do you say this Ian? I know that pinballs have gone up like 20% every year for the past 6 years or so but basically they were worth near nothing 6 years ago due to the huge oversupply on the market with arcade closures. You still think that trend will continue? I am really interested in everyone's thoughts on this....it makes it easier to justify the purchase of another "investment" if in fact they are that - an investment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Personally - I buy them for sentimental reasons and because I am addicted to owning the oldies. I pour way too much money into the machines I own but I seriously couldnt care less if one that I owned was now worth $5.00 or $1500.00. I personally would never buy a pin just as an investment as I have noticed that the prices have fairly well levelled out ( and dropped ) over the last 1 - 2 years especially.

I think about 15 years ago you could pick up pins for sh*t $$ and if you held on to them and sold them untiil recently you would have doubled, tripled, quaded your money, but seriously, you would expect that with most types of "investments" over 15 years - would you not?

My first pin was an Indiana Jones that I bought in 1999 for $1100.00, I sold it in 2004 for $4100.00 and you will note that MOST IJ's still only get around $3500-$4000.00 today and its been like that for a few years now.

My neighbour has a Judge Dredd, he got it 5 years ago for $2100.00 , tell me it's worth more than that now- answer not really.

Maybe , just maybe as they get older and rarer they will rise in value again but for now they appear to have settled Remember, these things are also fickle and prone to breakdowns and that can turn your $2100.00 Judge Dredd into a hard to sell half value mess in a hurry as well if you cant get a quick cheap fix- and we all know thats hard.

But fear not all "pin investors" wayne will save you all !

Comment

all very valid points Wotto....thanks for that!

The fact is if I buy a pinball or arcade cab and get a couple of years enjoyment from it and can still get my money back, it is a bargain and great investment. Some pinnies like MM are just very expensive and I wonder if there is a downside to these high priced pinballs in the short-term or long-term??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shock_And_Awe
                            why do you say this Ian? I know that pinballs have gone up like 20% every year for the past 6 years or so but basically they were worth near nothing 6 years ago due to the huge oversupply on the market with arcade closures. You still think that trend will continue? I am really interested in everyone's thoughts on this....it makes it easier to justify the purchase of another "investment" if in fact they are that - an investment.
                            Because that's what I think. The word 'value' in this instance was not in a monetary sense, but more of a collectable/genuine article sense. [I value this product over that, product].

I do believe however that genuine Bally/Williams will get rarer and rarer and naturally prices rise if there is demand for such things.

Comment

Along the lines of what Wotto said. I would buy a pinny for sentimental reasons. I love Firepower II, Gorgar (which I get to play regularly), Flash, Genie, Time Warp, Simpsons (both versions), Space Invaders, Stellar Wars, Mata Hari, Fishtales, Cue Ball Wizard, Haunted House, any EM pinball.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X