Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHITE WATER need some opinions ?

Hi Genttlemen ,read revues on WW ,Don't know much about this particular Pin,except that in some forums it's rated in the top 10.If this is the case it seems to be good value for money (and not inflated)
    What's the going price ?
    Is it good game play ?

do a search on wh20 and whitewater
    will get heaps
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome game, IMO. I was going to buy one as my first pin but couldn't find one in good condition at the time, however I would gladly put one in my games room and play it to death. However, when considered alongside all the other DMD pins, I probably wouldn't rate it in the Top Ten best pins of all time. But that is just my opinion.

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by ANT68 View Post
        Hi Genttlemen ,read revues on WW ,Don't know much about this particular Pin,except that in some forums it's rated in the top 10.If this is the case it seems to be good value for money (and not inflated)
        What's the going price ?
        Is it good game play ?
        How you found a good one 4 sale? If so; no you won't like it, you'll hate it , it really sucks. Oh and can I have the contact details for the seller.
        AROUND THE LEFT ORBIT, THROUGH THE POP BUMPERS, OFF THE STAND-UPS, INTO THE RIGHT VUK, DOWN THE RIGHT INLANE, UP THE CENTRE RAMP;NOTHING BUT JACKPOT!

Comment

WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

Probably a good pin to accompany a collection

Comment

I may be biased because I own one, but I consider this to be one of the best pins ever made, it is fun for friends and family to happily bash the ball around, but has a very deep ruleset (17 A4 pages) that will keep the wizard inside you entertained.

A lot of people have called it the thinking mans pin as you have to decide when to collect awards and when to stack them for more points.

The Vaction Jackpot is the coolest award ever programed into a pin and is seriously difficult to obtain.

When looking for a second hand WW pay particular attention to the topper. As this has the awsome effect of a flowing waterfall, but often they have been removed or are damaged (impossible to replace) Also wear from the lost mine kickout.

I run the LH-6 Home ROM for some cool lighting effects and a few other fixes.

You cant go wrong with this pin if you get a tidy one at the right price!

What about those ramps!!
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=con;146825]WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

with the software as released and even moreso with the home version this statement could not be further from the truth- DEEP game, only got vaction jackpot lastweek, had game for 4 years ?!

system 11 my ass
              sigpic

"Oh my mistake..you are wrong."

Comment

[quote=nuggy;146879]
                Originally posted by con View Post
                WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

with the software as released and even moreso with the home version this statement could not be further from the truth- DEEP game, only got vaction jackpot lastweek, had game for 4 years ?!

system 11 my ass
                4 years is a long time. might be time to move it on mate
                AROUND THE LEFT ORBIT, THROUGH THE POP BUMPERS, OFF THE STAND-UPS, INTO THE RIGHT VUK, DOWN THE RIGHT INLANE, UP THE CENTRE RAMP;NOTHING BUT JACKPOT!

Comment

I've played about a dozen games on one, but it's never really appealed to me.

Something to do with the theme, and that naff yeti toy/diverter.

I like deep rulesets though, so perhaps I am underestimating it gameplay wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ktm450 View Post
                    I may be biased because I own one, but I consider this to be one of the best pins ever made, it is fun for friends and family to happily bash the ball around, but has a very deep ruleset (17 A4 pages) that will keep the wizard inside you entertained.

A lot of people have called it the thinking mans pin as you have to decide when to collect awards and when to stack them for more points.

The Vaction Jackpot is the coolest award ever programed into a pin and is seriously difficult to obtain.

When looking for a second hand WW pay particular attention to the topper. As this has the awsome effect of a flowing waterfall, but often they have been removed or are damaged (impossible to replace) Also wear from the lost mine kickout.

I run the LH-6 Home ROM for some cool lighting effects and a few other fixes.

You cant go wrong with this pin if you get a tidy one at the right price!

What about those ramps!!
                    Thanks for the info ,what sort of money would buy a decent unit?

Comment

You should get a good pin for around to $3000 mark depending on condition. As i said, make sure it has it's topper as you will not be able to find one!
                      sigpic

Comment

You should get a good pin for around to $3000 mark depending on condition. As i said, make sure it has it's topper as you will not be able to find one!
                        Great advice thanks heaps .Would say it's better then FT?

Comment

I think FT is a better pin, but that is only my opinion. I find FishTales more challenging, as I struggle to avoid the side drains.

Love the videomode on FT too.

(And as far as the topper for WH20 goes.. pester Wayne to make one. With his fancy new vacuum forming plant it should be a doddle. Note that the topper for WH20 is only a decal in a plastic case, so it's not *THAT* impressive. Further note... the topper case for WH20 is the same as FT.... just that FT has a fish in it!)
                          Q.Are we not men? A.We are DEVO!

Comment

That is the great thing about this hobby everyone has different opinions. The best way to work out what game suit you is to play them both. I think you will find WW more challenging and will keep your intrest longer. FT does not have a wizard mode and does not keep my intrest, hit one loop then the other lock a few balls then do it over. But that is only my opinion. The topper on WW is great if working correctly it 'topps' off a fantastic machine! In the end it is up to you. Have fun and play a lot of machines before parting with your money.
                            sigpic

Comment

$3K will buy the best out there - regularly find a nice example just over $2K, although those might be drying up as people discover this gem.

Originally posted by con View Post

Probably a good pin to accompany a collection
                              Maybe you haven't played a nicely set up one? Or maybe the theme doesn't do it for you. Who knows, but as a player, Wh20 is up there with the best WPC and is miles ahead of the best sys 11, plays nothing like them imo.
                              Last edited by pinnies4me; 3 April 2008, 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X