Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to send an old Solid State to USA

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Ask Greta - she might suggest a sail boat and charge an offset carbon tax. Would take 1 month to get there.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by magic View Post
      My $10 is on his less than spectacular Quicksilver, they bring silly money these days in the US.
      Yes. It's quicksilver. Yes I know the guy well. I owe him heaps of Favours. And yes he is desperate for the machine so this is happening and I'm not selling it locally.

      And I'm selling it for bassically nothing. So the freight cost is OK as long as its not air freight costs.


      Similar QSs are going for 4k usd over there.
      With freight it will hopefully cost less than half that.
      [MENTION=17088]Manny65[/MENTION] I might take you up on that offer. [emoji16]

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sgtmax View Post
        You've obviously never been to a good freight company. Coming from someone whos family owns a freight company

        - - - Updated - - -

        In all honesty I can say its probably not worth it to send overseas for one machine.. youll be paying a lot more then you bargain for. Like others have said air would be the fastest and probably safest option but it will cost you more $. LCL obviously less expensive but more risk although less expensive. Youll wanna ship DAP or FOB just depends how much responsibility for the cargo you want until it reaches the shore in USA.
        I can do you up a proper quote Monday so you can see what your in for if you like. Unless he wants to cover a majority of the shipping cost to get it there
        Sure. Would love a quote

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by richard.m View Post
          My guess is it's a Cosmic Princess as it's the only Stern SS that you would not easily find in the States as they were only manufactured in OZ.
          Only machine I have sold into the USA is a Hankins Star Wars empire strikes back so that could be a possibility

          Comment


          • #20
            Just looked it up on ipdb. She's a real beauty. Gorgeous.
            In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
            Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
            Looking for;
            Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sgtmax View Post
              You've obviously never been to a good freight company. Coming from someone whos family owns a freight company
              Had some of the largest freight companies rip me off (kuehne+nagel for example). Keeping in mind I'm a small customer, not someone who runs an account, so its easier to hold my stuff to ransom - and they frequently do.

              Going out is no problem, it is coming in where the drama happens.

              - - - Updated - - -

              Originally posted by Ryza View Post
              Yes. It's quicksilver.

              Similar QSs are going for 4k usd over there.
              With freight it will hopefully cost less than half that.
              Is this a Pokemon thing (gotta catch em all)? Can't remember if Dan ever owned one. [MENTION=8741]Dedrok[/MENTION]?
              The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
              SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by sleazius View Post
                Had some of the largest freight companies rip me off (kuehne+nagel for example). Keeping in mind I'm a small customer, not someone who runs an account, so its easier to hold my stuff to ransom - and they frequently do.

                Going out is no problem, it is coming in where the drama happens.

                - - - Updated - - -



                Is this a Pokemon thing (gotta catch em all)? Can't remember if Dan ever owned one. [MENTION=8741]Dedrok[/MENTION]?
                The Artist Formally Known As #1

                Comment

                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X