Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Custom Neon Signs

punkin

Right, so i have a little budget left over from the games room install and was thinking a pinball neon would suit the space.

Was thinking a 'Play better' sign would be a great addition and if i find a supplier that says i can do it cheaper for 10 or 20 of them....yada yada.

So who is doing this custom stuff in neon on the east coast? Do you guys have a good supplier already? Is there a pinhead who makes signs that i should use?

Right, so i have a little budget left over from the games room install and was thinking a pinball neon would suit the space.

Was thinking a 'Play better' sign would be a great addition and if i find a supplier that says i can do it cheaper for 10 or 20 of them....yada yada.

So who is doing this custom stuff in neon on the east coast? Do you guys have a good supplier already? Is there a pinhead who makes signs that i should use?

I've used a guy around Bankstown before. I had and still have a collection of Coke and Budweiser neons that needed recoing. He seemed to know his work insisting on using 2nd hand old school iron transformers to power them rather than the newer style electronic power supplys.

He also re-gassed the tubes with his pure neon gas saying it is all non pure these days.

Put in old school 2nd hand igniters and through out the new style ones the tubes were fitted with.

According to him, a proper made neon with proper clean gas using old school igniters and iron core transformers should last in excess of 60-70 years providing they don't leak and he pressure checks the tubes. These neons prior to him recoing had lasted a mere 2 years and were being thrown out as a result. Since he redid them, they have been working here for over 15 years so far.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Super Moderator
On facebook there is a mob called "Neon Signs Australia P/L" do big stuff but might be worth a look.

https://www.facebook.com/Www.neonsign.com.au/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARAdV-fUcUwvGzObyhiOviQU3UT7WyHuHiZRYHCcWX5DSHlJfUBEuLjykKbGYJSkv9LoLvSqAKq-sqho

Thanks for that.

Sad to hear Gavin unwell. I found an old mobile number and email for him so will shoot him a message to say hi.

• 2 weeks later...