Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New issues with playfields surface....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by blue95 View Post
    Something like Homepin's overlay system might be an option in the future if they can't get the modern materials to work
    Rather accept the current problems with clear coats than substitute for that type of artwork overlay. The only place for that is in the reproduction world of restorations. Besides light doesn't diffuse through as effectively as a proper jeweled diffused insert.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by hotty View Post
      Rather accept the current problems with clear coats than substitute for that type of artwork overlay. The only place for that is in the reproduction world of restorations. Besides light doesn't diffuse through as effectively as a proper jeweled diffused insert.
      And it looks shit. And a bugger to get rid of ball trails

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by blue95 View Post
        Something like Homepin's overlay system might be an option in the future if they can't get the modern materials to work
        This is what I came to the thread to say I have two games I use playfield protectors on and one I don't, I can't tell the difference in ball roll. Get the protectors dialled with artwork printed on them then make the playfields out of sheet metal, sell the games with a spare protector to be installed after 20,000 games when it wears out.

        Problem solved forever
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

        Comment


        • #34
          Are people here holding off buying new machines at the present, until there is some sort of confirmation the playfield issues have been fixed? Or are you still buying them and either not bothered by the issues, or simply just taking a chance on the machine?

          Has anyone received a repro playfield from Mirco recently since these issues have arisen, that can confirm there are no issues with the clear? I am reading so many mixed reports on Pinside..

          Comment


          • #35
            Just buy them and play them.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by The Pinball Shed View Post
              Just buy them and play them.
              Yeah.... Nah.. Not at 13k+ or any price for that matter

              I know they are not "museum pieces" but come on seriously

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Benny View Post
                Are people here holding off buying new machines at the present, until there is some sort of confirmation the playfield issues have been fixed? Or are you still buying them and either not bothered by the issues, or simply just taking a chance on the machine?

                Has anyone received a repro playfield from Mirco recently since these issues have arisen, that can confirm there are no issues with the clear? I am reading so many mixed reports on Pinside..
                Yeah im holding off on Jurassic park because of the issue just waiting to see what happens

                Comment


                • #38
                  I have recently bought a Star Trek pro final voyage and iron maiden premium, both need new playfields, my distributor has agreed to give my money back but we’ve both decided to wait and see if stern are going to come up with some sort of resolve. I really want these two titles in my line up. I had planned to buy a Munsters pro and Elvira premium but not until the machines I already have are sorted. Hugely disappointing. My advice to anyone buying a new stern is wait until they can make quality machines again. Splitting cabinets, node board problems, playfields crapping out! And we keep buying them??

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by nickfigures View Post
                    I have recently bought a Star Trek pro final voyage and iron maiden premium, both need new playfields, my distributor has agreed to give my money back but we’ve both decided to wait and see if stern are going to come up with some sort of resolve. I really want these two titles in my line up. I had planned to buy a Munsters pro and Elvira premium but not until the machines I already have are sorted. Hugely disappointing. My advice to anyone buying a new stern is wait until they can make quality machines again. Splitting cabinets, node board problems, playfields crapping out! And we keep buying them??
                    Mate sorry to hear, at least your distributor has agreed to give your money back, that is pretty huge in itself.

                    Can i ask what playfield issues your machines have in particular, do you have any pics?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	6FBA5E50-409D-4D36-A8D9-0073663FEF0F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1852806

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Take the money and run

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	F8837BDE-F6B3-44FF-AC79-CCCE58C418CC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	1852807Click image for larger version

Name:	C6427DDC-DBC7-4AAE-AB19-3629921C5837.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1852808 The entire Maiden playfield has this wrinkled look to it which can also be felt, the clear around the posts on Star Trek is loose and the art is chipping off. Both machines have less than 100 plays on them.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            My guess is the water base clear is the issue, The mix aint right, multiple layers that are unable to cure properly.
                            Also I think the air tools they use on the assembly line are too highly torqued.

                            I'm sorry to hear some of our local guys are getting problem games
                            I have seen some of the photo's numerous machines and its certainly a major concern.
                            Some Maiden one's I have seen are really bad. Such a shame.

                            Bruce is doing he's best and as mentioned Stern will look at issues on a case by case basis.
                            Still not much fun having to do a playfield swap.

                            Even Hitler as having a hard time with this issue !

                            https://captiongenerator.com/1498452...-Jurassic-Park
                            Pinball, Its an Addiction

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Pinball haus is selling post protectors from titan that I'm guessing are rubber buffers between of and post. I wonder if they would relieve the issue if caught early [MENTION=14925]BioBa[/MENTION]

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by pinball god View Post
                                Pinball haus is selling post protectors from titan that I'm guessing are rubber buffers between of and post. I wonder if they would relieve the issue if caught early [MENTION=14925]BioBa[/MENTION]
                                Not quite sure what you mean by "post protectors"? I sell sling shot protectors but have not seen ot heard of post protectors?

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X