Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star Wars

So I played Star Wars when it first came out and we’ll my first impression wasn’t the greatest. Fast forward 3 years and I go over to my friends place who just picked up a new premium and have a bash of it with him. I enjoy the fast paced gameplay and learn that there’s a little more to it that initial impressions.

Not really looking for one but always looking for something (that’s my motto) one came up on Facebook so I decided to take the plunge and grab it with the help of a friend.

I’ve got to say that I’ve really warmed to the game. All the shots return really quick to the flipper and you just get that sense of urgency with everything you have to do. Yes the multiplier rules are a bit of BS but add a little bit to the strategy. There are different videos and call outs for the individual characters eg here’s you ball back captain solo and Han emerging from the carbon freeze.

Overall I think It gets poo pooed because it’s “Star Wars” and should’ve been a star destroyer full of gadgets and cool stuff. It’s not being judged on what it is and what it is is enjoyable. Getting multiple balls flinging around on the hyper loop is pretty awesome to see, hear and an absolute blast to achieve as the game gets your heart pumping and gets you into a frenzied state to hit the damn shot or hit the bank targets that’s you KNOW are going to drain you but to just keep that multiplier up so you can hit that big payoff shot

All the "experts" that did not like the game before they even had a flip put plenty of shit on it. Put some decent time in and play the game yourself. SWLE is an awesome game. Once you get your head around the multiplyers there is plenty going on and the hyperloop shots are hard and keep you coming back to the game.

its not the reviewers fault, it is Stern releasing games with unfinished software

We like getting and playing the games with early code. You can email Stern with your suggestions and sometimes they listen to your input. It may take time, but eventually Stern get all the codes done.

I put 300+ games into one and just didn't grab me enough to be a keeper, and I'm a big fan of the original trilogy.

I had the odd enjoyable game but there's too many games where you get a bad ball launch or horrible rebound off posts or those tie fighter targets and lose your ball. I get the risk reward but way too many frustrating games in between the odd good one. I suck at pinball, maybe it was just too hard a game for me to enjoy I don't know.

Having also never owned a stern I just find them really cheap builds.. everything on the playfield just had a cheap feel to it. I'd rather put $10+K into a couple of 90s BWS.

It's not a game you can learn easily. You have it at home and explore it. I can't review it as I only borrowed it for a week off someone.

I think it's more suited for higher level players. The software is pinball mathematics

I found the design to be poor.. everyone gets bad bounces in pinball.. and that game was very unforgiving if you missed a ramp.. but when you launch a ball and it drains without a play on it.. and then it happens again on the ball save.. that just does my head in :)

@cejay just wondering if any of those SS games are poor design where you launch the ball and don’t get a flip I can name several games on pinball pool where I was lucky to get a flip on the ball after launch and they didn’t even have a ball save! I’ve had many a game in eightball deluxe where the same has happened 3 or 4 flips the entire game but that games classed as an all time great (well I think so anyway). Is it just because it’s Star Wars and a game from after the dmd/lcd era that it should play nicer?

It’s not just the ball launch issue. The modes felt messy and uninspiring. When you do finally get a high scoring game of over 1 billion + you don’t really know how .. usually because of some multiplier you fluked during a multiball. Anyway, maybe I just suck at playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still see a lot of these being sold with very low games. So what is the issue still? Is it still unfinished code or... ?

Need a frank @Ryza review

I think it’s one of those things that it’s not for everyone and being Star Wars it’s aimed at almost everyone. So people bought it thinking it’s Star Wars it’s GOING to be awesome and this and that and everything under the sun. And what they got is a brutal playing game with a larger version of the super charger and some hardcore mathematics!

I can’t comment on early code as I probably put up 5 games tops and didn’t play it much until I bought it. The target bank is almost insta death but it’s also an integral part of the game to get higher scores. The ramps are easy enough to hit and the Death Star shot is hard ESPECIALLY when you have to hit it and there’s a hurry up going on! This game is hurry up central! Not only on your modes but the big one is on your multipliers and you ALWAYS are in a sense of urgency to hit a shot or target because the sounds are telling you too or the multipliers are flashing at you saying haaa haaa were going back down to 2x better hit instant drain to keep us up!

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not just the ball launch issue. The modes felt messy and uninspiring. When you do finally get a high scoring game of over 1 billion + you don’t really know how .. usually because of some multiplier you fluked during a multiball. Anyway, maybe I just suck at playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely get what you’re saying here my high score is 4 billion and I couldn’t tell you how I did that! Not a fking clue! Once I get to know the modes I’ve actually started to enjoy them a little. For me personally the majority of Dwight’s modes feel uninspired, dull and the majority feel exactly the same (I’m looking at you Star Trek). I don’t know why or how but Lyman (for me) makes each mode feel different. Eg walking dead each mode just has this warm fuzzy feeling to it whereas Star Wars just feels a little cold and lifeless. In saying that I do think the Endor mission where you have to enter the barracks is pretty cool with 2x 4x shots a set for entering and a set for blowing it up.