Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping From US

Hmm, was about to buy two DE flipper bats and a set of DE decals, and then noticed that my $12us purchase was going to add up to over $100 AUS for the said items.
    Is this insane, or have I just been out of the hobby for two long??

yep , postage and the crappy exchange rate make parts buying expensive

Comment

Some guys frequently put up threads to split postage might pay to do that.

Comment

I'm only guessing but I'm thinking your order was from Marcospec??. They use that crappy (expensive) I-global freight.
        http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Yes. It was mate. I’ll do a hunt around��

Comment

I needed some plastics for a Tommy and a Williams chime box kit which came to $US55. Not too bad at this point. Tried using paypal direct but being overseas I had to use I-global. Tried using I-global and paypal and the freight was the same as the goods so now e are up to $US110. I looked at the top of the paypal bar and it said estimated cost in AU was just under $AU190. WTF????
            How the hell does Marco stay in business FFS??

Needles to say, I'm pursuing other avenues or just leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Railways View Post
              I needed some plastics for a Tommy and a Williams chime box kit which came to $US55. Not too bad at this point. Tried using paypal direct but being overseas I had to use I-global. Tried using I-global and paypal and the freight was the same as the goods so now e are up to $US110. I looked at the top of the paypal bar and it said estimated cost in AU was just under $AU190. WTF????
              How the hell does Marco stay in business FFS??

Needles to say, I'm pursuing other avenues or just leave it
              A Williams chime box, couldn't think of a worst sound. God their awful sounding. Give me a Gottlieb chime any day. And before you ask, Yes I have a Williams EM pin with one in it.

Comment

It’s really nuts when the shipping is as much or more than the parts.
                All I need are two DE flipper bats and two decals! Lol.
                Can it be that hard!!

Comment

Open a Shopmate account, it's a Aussie postage forwarding type of deal from the US to your door or nominated address.
                  Should save you some coin.

Comment

From memory last time I bought from marco (Just a few small parts) I found I-Global to be about US58.00.

Instead I tried to use my US address provided via Shopmate which normally works, but I was unable to pay via paypal
                    even to a US address, as it was an Aus. Paypal account payment & therefore was not accepted (unless using paypal to pay via I-global).

I think this was due to Marco & their GST collection implications.

I ended up using goodbuymate.com to buy the parts on my behalf & ship. Nice & easy & was cheaper in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by richard.m View Post
                      From memory last time I bought from marco (Just a few small parts) I found I-Global to be about US58.00.

Instead I tried to use my US address provided via Shopmate which normally works, but I was unable to pay via paypal
                      even to a US address, as it was an Aus. Paypal account payment & therefore was not accepted (unless using paypal to pay via I-global).

I think this was due to Marco & their GST collection implications.

I ended up using goodbuymate.com to buy the parts on my behalf & ship. Nice & easy & was cheaper in the end.
                      Thanks [MENTION=438]richard.m[/MENTION] . That was the problem I was having as in as soon as my paypal was recognised as non American it just refused it. I'd like to use paypal so I'll have a look at the website suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                        Hmm, was about to buy two DE flipper bats and a set of DE decals, and then noticed that my $12us purchase was going to add up to over $100 AUS for the said items.
                        Is this insane, or have I just been out of the hobby for two long??
                        what parts are you after , i order quite allot from marco , normally first week of each month
                        let me know the part numbers and i will see if i can get them and stock them
                        mark

Comment

For a laugh try just putting the two decals in your cart and checking postage for that, I guess it will be about $80 for something that would fit in a flat envelope. Quite a few Aussies expressed their dissatisfaction with postage rates on Facebook and Maro said they were looking into doing something about it, that was a couple of months ago so obviously not a priority for them. I just try to avoid them, which is a shame as they have a huge amount of stock and a good easy to navigate website.
                          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I changed my shipping address and billing address
                            Shipped to my us postal address
                            Pay via credit card..
                            You can’t use PayPal

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X