Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Against Player Tables?

Hi all, with all the talk about what new pinballs are coming from one manufacturer or another there's very little talk about new or rare game features and more about which band or TV show people want the pictures on the machine to represent...theme.

I know there has been head to head tables but i have never seen or played one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1912584

I don't know if there has been recent attempts to do this with a modern machine though.
    While i of course will bet anyone i don't have a competitive bone in my body, my mates seem to be quite competitive

I would love to see a game where we actually play a single ball on our own side of the table and have all the modern toys and features.

Let's see something actually new or at least renewed rather than a shuffle of toys, ramps and bands.

Thoughts?
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

@thegrubta666 this ones all yours mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=1535]thegrunta666[/MENTION]

Comment

Head to Head Battle Pinny
        Head to Head Battle Pinny - Aussie Arcade

This thing is epic

Comment

Working my way through the thread thanks. One thing that popped into mind was a slide save will now be able to be executed as a slide kill!!!

BoltItDownPunkin
          In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
          Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
          Looking for;

Comment

The Internet Pinball Machine Database

Link pinched from the thread linked, but the list shows none done this century and one done in the 90's that was a simple drinking game with no flippers.

I still think a well done JJP/stern etc would interest me for sure and should do well in pubs.
            Looking for;

Comment

Hi [MENTION=22397]punkin[/MENTION], Have a look at the Battle Pinny Thread in the pinball Homebrew Section. Defintely an LE this one. It will be at Pinfest this year. Its good to see the Players get really competitive at each other ,as its Human VS Human, Not Human VS a High Score Thanks for the mention [MENTION=3261]ddstoys[/MENTION]

Comment

Just finished the 70 pages mate, thank you. I'll see it and you there and it will definitely be on my radar.

Saw you with JJ, hopefully he takes notice. I think this done in the modern style (as you have), especially by JJP would be a winner, but i'm one person.

Sorry wrong pic, can a mod remove please?
                Last edited by furballx; 4 July 2019, 01:07 PM. Reason: delete image
                Looking for;

Comment

Originally posted by punkin View Post
                  Just finished the 70 pages mate, thank you. I'll see it and you there and it will definitely be on my radar.

Saw you with JJ, hopefully he takes notice. I think this done in the modern style (as you have), especially by JJP would be a winner, but i'm one person.

Sorry wrong pic, can a mod remove please?
                  You can remove your own pics using the attachment tool (paperclip button/dropdown). You need to "go advanced" in the editor to access it though I think.

I've played the Battle Pinny, cool game!

Williams also made one called "Joust" in the early 80's. Hard to find one of those that works though.

Internet Pinball Machine Database: Williams 'Joust'

Comment

Thanks, i tried edit but may have not clicked go advanced.

Thanks also to [MENTION=2038]furballx[/MENTION] for the tidy up.
                    Looking for;

Comment

Originally posted by razorsedge View Post

Williams also made one called "Joust" in the early 80's. Hard to find one of those that works though.
                      Joust I would regard as the best of the "production" head to heads but like all the system 7 Williams, it was made at a time when you couldn't give away pinballs. The other issue with head to head pinballs is you need two players however Gottlieb overcame that issue by using flipper bats like this....

It allowed single player play on this machine....

Comment

These days you could surely do the auto flipper thing with an eddy sensor?

Comment

In a collection it would be ok to be 2 player only, when you are alone play something else. In a pub same thing. It would only matter if that was the only machine there.

I mean pool is a 2 or more player game, as is darts and they are everywhere.
                          Looking for;

Comment

Link

There's another nice go at a head2head pinny

Comment

For sale: Joust | Pinball machines for sale | Pinside.com
                              Looking for;

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X