Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Pinstadium lights on New Stern, Can't Find Power Socket.

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Pinstadium lights on New Stern, Can't Find Power Socket.

G'day again, managed to install my mirror blades all on my lonesome, but have hit a snag with the pinstadium lights.

Connect the Universal Power (pic below) to the service port of your machine. This is usually located in the bottom of the cabinet by the coin door to the right. If you have a newer Stern machine (Spike 1/Spike2) then it is behind the translite on the lower right side. The plug looks like standard wall outlet.
    Well i reckon i've had a pretty good look behind the translight, but without removing covers and unplugging cables i can't find anything that looks remotely like a power point.

Can anyone shed some ....light... for me please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	stern.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	1911477
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Originally posted by punkin View Post
    G'day again, managed to install my mirror blades all on my lonesome, but have hit a snag with the pinstadium lights.

Well i reckon i've had a pretty good look behind the translight, but without removing covers and unplugging cables i can't find anything that looks remotely like a power point.

Can anyone shed some ....light... for me please?

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=147763
    He he. I see what you did there.

Comment

Anybody? Can't see my new lights in my new mirror blades...
      In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
      Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
      Looking for;

Comment

What makes you think there is a power point there?

Comment

I don't know that hte service socket is installed on Australian machines?

I think it would be the top right of the box in the lower right corner of the backbox, just like the second panel of the picture on pinstadium site says:

In your picture it looks like it's covered by a sticker with a lightning bolt on it?
          Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

There isn't a service port on Australian machines, I had the same problem.

I ended up plugging it straight into the power board that I plug the machine into.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
            Livin' a lie.....

Comment

Interestingly, this video seems to not have a wallwart power adaptor at all:

[MENTION=13431]Martymainframe[/MENTION] how do you power the pinstadiums in your munsters?
              Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

Ahhh well, where there's a will and all that. Not ideal, but at least i've confirmed my technicolour yawn is functioning.

Name:	pniball3.jpg
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	1848228
                Looking for;

Comment

The older pinstadium kits I got did not have power adapters they tapped into the power on the board but a more recent kit I received had the adapter.

Livin' a lie.....

Comment

That's not a lightning bolt, it's where i've pulled the tape to bits looking for the power point. If it ain't plug and play i'm not going to be happy with the $400+ dollars i spent.

I'll give pinstadium a chance to fix it first, they are a great company to deal with so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by db666 View Post
                    There isn't a service port on Australian machines, I had the same problem.

I ended up plugging it straight into the power board that I plug the machine into.

So what did you do, drill a hole in the back of the machine to push the plug in? Not real keen on that idea after spending 9k.
                    Looking for;

Comment

Yeah had the same problem. Australian delivered machines don't have the service port enabled so there are 2 options.

1: Run the cable externally with a US to Aus adapter and plug it into the mains. I detached the side of the mesh to take the cable out.
                      2: Get a cable for the machine to use it's power source. I have one for my WOZ (piggy back) and Munsters (specific cable that plugs into the back - pic below). Wayne at Mr Pinball supplies the machine specific cable as he is the Australian distributor for Pinstadium and I believe the universal adapter comes standard from the US. Also if you mention Head2Head with Wayne he'll give you free shipping!!! #shill

Name:	sternport.png
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	1848230

Comment

Originally posted by punkin View Post
                        That's not a lightning bolt, it's where i've pulled the tape to bits looking for the power point. If it ain't plug and play i'm not going to be happy with the $400+ dollars i spent.

I'll give pinstadium a chance to fix it first, they are a great company to deal with so far.

- - - Updated - - -

So what did you do, drill a hole in the back of the machine to push the plug in? Not real keen on that idea after spending 9k.
                        I just fed the cable through one of the holes in the bottom of the cab by popping the mesh up slightly.

Livin' a lie.....

Comment

Comment

OP, email Scott the guy you bought these from and he will send you a 3 pin power connector that plugs in the distribution board inside your backbox or do what others have said and that's power it up from ya wall socket but you'll need to purchase a power adaptor to make it work.

- Con

Comment

Emailed Scott yesterday, he knew i was in Australia when i ordered so hopefully he can make it right. I ended up just twisting the pins on the us charger with pliers to fit in the AU socket yesterday, worked fine and plugged straight in.
                              Looking for;

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X