Once they were Pins - Meteor Firepower and Flash

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort of reminds me what it was like at Goddard's warehouse. All the machines were serviced and put in boxes for storage in the warehouse. Company was bought and they bought all those boxed machines, moved them into another factory with massive holes in the roof that was pigeon and rat infested.
    I went to work for that company and saw all those machines we did our best to preserve and it seriously broke my heart seeing such neglect.

Comment

Comment

flash just needs a playfield protector...

lol

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, I hope I never have to use a mallet and a jimmy bar while dealing with pinballs ever again, its just wrong. I got the lockdown bar off the Meteor tonight and the playfield is in great shape. No water has got onto it, has full mylar with maybe just the slightest bit of wear near the 6 bank drop targets. Colour is dull but that might just be the mylar. There are areas underneath that look near new. Apart from all the plungers that a have rusted its in better shape than one of my working pins!

I don't think it would have lasted another storm season in that shack. I know the Meteor it in pretty poor shape, but compared to the Firepower and Flash its unbelievable it lasted this long.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by v8racefan View Post
            Crazy stuff, hard to believe how these pins could be neglected like this.
            At least you`ll be able to do something with what you have, goodluck

Comment

Good old Meteor !!! Go along way to find a pin that holds your attention like this does. Has that one more game appeal.....hope you can bring her back from the dark side.......great write up Pete.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
              Pinball...I can't get enough !!!

Comment

Here are some arcades machines that would go perfectly with those pins.

Comment

Great news Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Flash backglass any good? Could certainly use one.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                      Flash backglass any good? Could certainly use one.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade
                      Not good
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1547937400289.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1845695

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by poidapoida View Post
                        Not good
                        [ATTACH]141831[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                        About on par with what ive got. Worth something to somebody though.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Amazing what you have achieved already. That cabinet area near the left flipper button that was totally gone, how did you fix that up with bog?

Comment

Originally posted by onetaste View Post
                              Amazing what you have achieved already. That cabinet area near the left flipper button that was totally gone, how did you fix that up with bog?
                              Firstly I removed most of the rotted timber then kept soaking all the problem areas with Earls wood hardner for about 3 weeks. I kept trimming and found a couple other areas that I gouged out. By this stage the timber left was solid but there was no support on that corner. Started to to think just cutting off the front and making another one from scratch would be the easier option. If I could get the cab solid with no play in it, it should be alright. So I screwed the corner together with a lot of screws, added a bigger corner trim inside, another at the bottom of the coin door and the oak trim around the base. Then before bogging up I used long screws into the timber so there is support/key in for the bog, especially around the flipper button area. I don't have a pic of it but there few interlocking screws around the flipper button.
                              The end result is great and solid as, but if there is a next time I'll probably just make the cab from scratch.

Last edited by poidapoida; 25 May 2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Wow great work!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X