Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Beatles by STERN

Replay

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay - a Stern that doesn't mean I have to open my wallet.

We as collectors do forget Stern is just as interested in growing the hobby with new buyers as selling to their regular crowd, and I think this game will appeal to first time buyers with its simplicity and proven layout. Should be easier to maintain for newbies as well.

Good luck to them, hope they sell a heap and keep bringing out tons of new titles!

Yay - a Stern that doesn't mean I have to open my wallet.

We as collectors do forget Stern is just as interested in growing the hobby with new buyers as selling to their regular crowd, and I think this game will appeal to first time buyers with its simplicity and proven layout. Should be easier to maintain for newbies as well.

Good luck to them, hope they sell a heap and keep bringing out tons of new titles!

Has there been a quoted price yet? I doubt it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than a Stern Pro. I will be surprised if it is. A pro is what, $8500-$9000 or so these days?

I love the idea of SS style games being remade, as I love SS games and the Beatles is one of my all time favourite bands. Here's hoping it's a fair chunk cheaper than a Pro, but I won't hold my breath.

Has there been a quoted price yet? I doubt it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than a Stern Pro. I will be surprised if it is. A pro is what, $8500-$9000 or so these days?

I love the idea of SS style games being remade, as I love SS games and the Beatles is one of my all time favourite bands. Here's hoping it's a fair chunk cheaper than a Pro, but I won't hold my breath.

Given they are making less than 2000 of them I think it's going to hurt.

Pro will be normal price according the Head2Head laddies, but the diamond and platinum editions will be ????????????????? (out of my reach anyway)

Jeez, kind of sucks that it will be the same price as a far more complex Pro like Iron Maiden or Deadpool. I guess the licence would have been pricey, but paying the same amount of money for a significantly less complex game is pretty shitty in my eyes. They will still sell like hotcakes to the Beatles collector crowd.

Only 100 diamonds.... as shown in the video.

I think you're agreeing with me? Yes, as per the text under the video on the youtube page, 1964 machines total:

Only 100 Diamond Edition Games

Only 250 Platinum Edition Games

Only 1614 Gold Edition Games

Only 1964 Games in Total

One can only dream:

Stars (1978)

Meteor (1979) (Highest production of all Stern Electronics' Pinballs)

Galaxy (1980)

Ali (1980)

Big Game (1980)

Cheetah (1980)

Quicksilver (1980)

Star Gazer (1980)

Flight 2000 (1980) (Stern's first game with multi-ball and speech)

Nine Ball (1980)

Split Second (1981)

Iron Maiden (1982)

Edited by RGR

One can only dream:

Stars (1978)

Meteor (1979) (Highest production of all Stern Electronics' Pinballs)

Galaxy (1980)

Ali (1980)

Big Game (1980)

Seawitch (1980)

Cheetah (1980)

Quicksilver (1980)

Star Gazer (1980)

Flight 2000 (1980) (Stern's first game with multi-ball and speech)

Nine Ball (1980)

Split Second (1981)

Iron Maiden (1982)

Based on how literally everyone I know loves Meteor, it would sell like hotcakes if they remade it. So many people are chasing these classic Sterns at the moment, they are downright fantastic pins to play.