Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Iron Maiden next from Stern

luke

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pin is due to arrive by end of June

Awesome !

Just sad that I will probably have to sell FT and BK2000 to help fund

Got a bad feeling even with our dollar at 80c the LE will be crazy price 12.5k + deliver

It better have a real backglass and shaker !

So is primary team confirmed ?

Elwin Design

Zombie Art

Who's on code ?

Awesome !

Got a bad feeling even with our dollar at 80c the LE will be crazy price 12.5k + deliver

Elwin Design

Zombie Art

Who's on code ?

I bet you will be right. Australia is quick to put the price up when our dollar drops but there has not been one decrease as our dollar has bounced back over 15% since last increase.

15 th December 2014 our dollar was worth .82136 26/1/2018 rate is .81022

Walking dead LE Was released December 2014 and was $10,300

So you would think The next LE should be around the high 10K -11k with price increases,

Unless we All question the the $2,200 price increase which is blatant rip off it will continue

Awesome !

Elwin Design

Zombie Art

Who's on code ?

Pinside IMDN thread suggests Lyman on the code once he finishes BM66

I bet you will be right. Australia is quick to put the price up when our dollar drops but there has not been one decrease as our dollar has bounced back over 15% since last increase.

So you would think The next LE should be around the high 10K -11k with price increases,

Unless we All question the the $2,200 price increase which is blatant rip off it will continue

It's all about the theme baby!

Iron Maiden next from Stern

In fairness to AMD the AUD is one of the most volatile major currencies in the world.

For example, the last major release was GOTG in October 17. Usd/aud was around 0.78 for most of October when AMD had to set the prices. AMD's price for GOTG LE IS $12300. Official Stern Usd price was $8999. Which was aud $11530 plus 10% GST and OS shipping. So should have been $13000+ for GOTG LE?

You can calculate the spot rate for aud today and say previous games are too expensive, but who knows what it's going to be when the next game is announced.

EDIT: admittedly, AMD's AC/DC Luci VE should have been a bit cheaper than it is, since Sterns was $200 cheaper, but I'm putting that down to "rarity/small run" and demand. But AMD are in business to make money, not to be a charity importer for Stern. If a game is hot, why not make a couple hundred more off it. Personally I think it's in everyone's interest they survive as they provide a service no other pinball distributors in Australia can match.

Sorry to derail with local pricing arguments again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, take the service out of it, how are you going to buy a GOTGLE (for example) cheaper by importing it yourself?

A year or so ago a guy from Queensland was bringing sterns in a bit cheaper

Ok, take the service out of it, how are you going to buy a GOTGLE (for example) cheaper by importing it yourself?

Well coming from a guy that has purchased a dozen or so NIB sterns over that last few years. If the price does not improve when our dollar does I'm done buying them,it's bad enough that the build quality has gone to shit.