Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

    It's not officially confirmed yet. But JJP has confirmed that a new pinball machine will be revealed by them at Chicago expo.

    Mr Pinball has confirmed that they are flying down JJP #4 for an event with Jack in Melbourne in late October.

    Chicago pinball expo is from the 11th of October to the 15th. So we are only 15 days away so I thought I would start a thread so we can speculate about the machine.

    It's pretty badly kept secret that it's Pirates of the caribbean!
    I've heard the machine will feature all 5 movies (yes there are 5 pirate movies believe it or not). Apparently there is more stuff in it than woz, hobbit and dialed in. Because of this they are going back to a wide body machine.

    I didn't care too much for the theme but watched pirates 5 recently and didn't take it too seriously, it's good popcorn fun and can't wait to see what JJP can pull out next.

    Dialed in software was spearheaded by Ted Estes (Mr twighlight zone).
    I believe Pirates will be a Keith Johnson pin so expect something super deep.

    The designer is NEW. Exciting times. It's Eric Meunier who has been working at JJP for a while as one of the lead engineers. He has been working under the guidance of Pat Lawlor but it will be his own design.

  • #2
    Be nice if Harry Potter showed up.... POTC can come after that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not a huge fan of the movie franchise but this could be pretty cool as a pinball. I've always loved the pirate ship sinking on the Stern version and with a lot of material to work with, there should be plenty to inspire some neat toys.

      The other thing for me is, having the game include all movies gives some closure and feels like it would be as complete as it could be. I mean art wise, inspiration wise, storyline etc. I've never liked the way a pinball is based on a franchise after say the first or second movie is released, only to have them release more.

      A fresh designer will be cool too, particularly with a mentor like Pat Lawlor. If rumours are true an October reveal is a pretty quick turn around from Dialled In and would mean seems the gap between title releases are getting closer...

      Comment


      • #4
        Looking forward to it. Regardless if all the movies are not the best, it's still a cool theme, and anything JJP is making will be packed and solid.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Coon82 View Post

          The other thing for me is, having the game include all movies gives some closure and feels like it would be as complete as it could be. I mean art wise, inspiration wise, storyline etc. I've never liked the way a pinball is based on a franchise after say the first or second movie is released, only to have them release more.
          I agree. The series had good closure on the 5th movie but I doubt it's the last pirates movie we will ever see

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Coon82 View Post
            The other thing for me is, having the game include all movies gives some closure and feels like it would be as complete as it could be. I mean art wise, inspiration wise, storyline etc. I've never liked the way a pinball is based on a franchise after say the first or second movie is released, only to have them release more.
            Exactly how I felt about releasing GOT when they did. So much has happened since.
            - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

            - I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

            Comment


            • #7
              Wish they picked a better theme,like Seinfeld,internet memes or The Room with Tommy Wiseau

              Comment


              • #8
                Interested to see this, I actually think this could be a great pin if done well. I am personally more interested in the toys and layout than the theme, but the theme I certainly don't mind.

                Depp has apparently signed for at least one more Pirates of the Caribbean so the series is not over.

                I honestly hope Pirates is just a ruse and it is something else that no one knows about, but that does not seem to happen anymore.

                I want to own a JJP pin one day, but I would really like it to be on a theme I want rather than would settle for...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did someone say Pirates.
                  PINBALL gotta love it

                  "There's no such thing as too much bling"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JOKERPOKER View Post
                    Did someone say Pirates.
                    I knew this thread would peak your interest Scott!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KISS View Post
                      I knew this thread would peak your interest Scott!!!
                      Yes but what would I sell?
                      PINBALL gotta love it

                      "There's no such thing as too much bling"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RGR View Post
                        Be nice if Harry Potter showed up.... POTC can come after that.
                        Give Harry another 5 years when the kids who grew up with him have real disposable income!

                        - - - Updated - - -

                        Originally posted by Cursed View Post
                        Interested to see this, I actually think this could be a great pin if done well. I am personally more interested in the toys and layout than the theme, but the theme I certainly don't mind.

                        Depp has apparently signed for at least one more Pirates of the Caribbean so the series is not over.

                        I honestly hope Pirates is just a ruse and it is something else that no one knows about, but that does not seem to happen anymore.

                        I want to own a JJP pin one day, but I would really like it to be on a theme I want rather than would settle for...
                        For me now price is a problem with JJP. 14K it's a bit steep and probably where I pull the pin at getting a NIB game
                        In: Houdini, Iron man, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
                        Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, RZ, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JOKERPOKER View Post
                          Yes but what would I sell?
                          I would say you definitely would but you will buy it back and sell it 3 or 4 times or so

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Better have alestorm on the soundtrack
                            you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wide Body again
                              Hmm or is it just me?

                              I loved the fact that JJP went standard with Dialed In, and tbh I was hoping that he would stay with standard for a while.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X