Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wizard Of OZ Pinball - Discussions and Opinions thread

ANT68

Breaking News ,I have be talking with Captain Jack over the past week about his exciting new adventure .

Man, has this bloke got drive and determination or what . Talk about no one standing in his way !! or anyone intimidating him !!

He knows what we what in a Pinball ,and he has insured me that this will be a totally awesome machine .

He has been listening to Pinball enthusiast from all around the world with what they want and from resellers with what they need in a Pinball to make it a great seller.

He is starting to take small refundable deposits as a show-of-hands for he's new Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of OZ Pinball .

Now an Australian Exclusive THE PRICE

Pre-orders will be $6500 US with out pre-order it will be $7500 US ,

http://www.pinballsales.com/asp/default.asp

Well done Jack , go hard Mate

Tony

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Moderator
my concern would be how long it takes from deciding you want to manufacture pinball machines to designing, tooling up, manufacturing and then getting them out there. history says that no-one does it quickly. my guess would be 3-4 years?

Well, I just chucked a deposit on - I figure for $250 to lock in a price, I'm prepared to take the risk.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

my concern would be how long it takes from deciding you want to manufacture pinball machines to designing, tooling up, manufacturing and then getting them out there. history says that no-one does it quickly. my guess would be 3-4 years?

I agree with this 100% - and will also add, what if the game is shit?

Either way though, for $250 to hold a spot, and lock in a lower price, that is supposedly fully refundable - I'm in.

In the Spooky pinball podcast Jack says release date for WOZ is Christmas 2011.

EDIT: At that price you cant see many operators buying the game when they arnt even buying Sterns but i guess he is mainly focusing on the home market anyway

Speaking to Jack they should all be ready before Christmas 2011 .

I think he is very capably in coming up with the goods .

It's a refundable deposit so why not ?

In the next few weeks he'll have more info on hand .

He also want as much feed back as he can get RE game play etc etc what people like etc etc .

Anyone else who chucked on a deposit, how did you request the # that you wanted? I just asked in the paypal payment - think I should send an email?

Can't hurt , I think he's getting deposits in left right and center going by RGP

Make sure you tell him your from OZ

Im in for this....

one question on shipping to oz (our oz not the wizards), will there be a bulk container going out so we can save a bit of $$$....

I think will have to sort something out with Jack RE shipping ,once he has final numbers for OZ .Depending on how many are going to which state :unsure

• Super Moderator
have to admit to being surprised that people are keen to put a deposit on something that hasn't even been designed yet from someone thats never made a pinball before and seems to have had a falling out recently with Stern. This guy obvioulsy has earned a great deal of trust and respect for ppl to put their money down. :unsure Edited by stuba

have to admit to being surprised that people are keen to put a deposit on something that hasn't even been designed yet from someone thats never made a pinball before and seems to have had a falling out recently with Stern. This guy obvioulsy has earned a great deal of trust and respect for ppl to put their money down. :unsure

Its $250, and refundable, doesn't seem like much risk to me :unsure

• Super Moderator
Its $250, and refundable, doesn't seem like much risk to me :unsure

who controls the refund process?

i know its only $250 but have you dealt with this guy before? i guess if you have and you've had a good experience then maybe thats why you are are keen. i dunno. I'm not having a go at you but having been down the deposit track myself once before i swore i wouldn't do it again. I guess $250 isn't gonna send anyone broke tho. :unsure

who controls the refund process?

i know its only $250 but have you dealt with this guy before? i guess if you have and you've had a good experience then maybe thats why you are are keen. i dunno. I'm not having a go at you but having been down the deposit track myself once before i swore i wouldn't do it again. I guess $250 isn't gonna send anyone broke tho. :unsure

Hey Stu , You won't have a problem with Jack ,he's alright .

He controls the deposits and if you don't like how the WOZ is progressing or how the game is evolving or the end product , send him an email and he'll refund the money back into your Paypal account .

$250 isn't a big deal to keep your foot in the door . :)