Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Stern Pinball. ..The Mandalorian 😯

Collapse

A place to talk about up coming machines.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Autosteve View Post

The smallest drop of clear silicon between the globe and the socket. Bulb will never come out till you want it out again.
    Could they not do this in the factory?

Comment

• Originally posted by RGR View Post

Could they not do this in the factory?
      Yer but why, people will still buy em.
      A ten year old Stern suffers the same issues.
      Quality is still a big issue.

Comment

• "Could they not do this in the factory"? = "Yeah I know Stern is a business and why add something to the cost when majority of games are HUO".

Aside from that hoping the ramp issue can be addressed cos that will really stuff the game play up. Or just play a pro....

Comment

• Originally posted by toads View Post

Yer but why, people will still buy em.
          A ten year old Stern suffers the same issues.
          Quality is still a big issue.
          Can go back further than that. Either Checkpoint or Phanton of the Opera had spotlights the bulbs always fell out of until you did the 'silicon trick". Terminator 2 and the red eyes, lucky to stay in for a week as were Addams and the chair lights. The factory fix would have been swap for bayonet but no. Silicon tube in the tool box was my solution.

Comment

• Wow mando must be a dud of a game? No real comments since the reveal stream. Only comments concerning globes falling out. Does this mean people aren't impressed or maybe there's little wrong with it and people only like to criticise things??

personally I think it's got nice flow, pretty much no shot that's really dangerous if missed, not much bricking, good video, audio I dunno, and looks the goods.

even coding looks interesting seeing Dwight did it πŸ˜‚.

all that said I'm not buying as I have another title on the water as we speak. But I wouldn't be too upset to have this in my collection on what I've seen

Comment

• Originally posted by pinball god View Post
              Wow mando must be a dud of a game? No real comments since the reveal stream. Only comments concerning globes falling out. Does this mean people aren't impressed or maybe there's little wrong with it and people only like to criticise things??

personally I think it's got nice flow, pretty much no shot that's really dangerous if missed, not much bricking, good video, audio I dunno, and looks the goods.

all that said I'm not buying as I have another title on the water as we speak. But I wouldn't be too upset to have this in my collection on what I've seen
              I wasn’t a huge fan of Dwight until turtles! Man he absolutely crushed that game! He certainly changed my mind
              In: Houdini, Iron man, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
              Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, RZ, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

Comment

Wow mando must be a dud of a game? No real comments since the reveal stream. Only comments concerning globes falling out. Does this mean people aren't impressed or maybe there's little wrong with it and people only like to criticise things??

I think people buying new games are not on AA or commenting on AA. There are a lot of new people in the hobby, and I think this is a good thing. Hopefully there will be more places to play pinball all around Australia as the COVID risk decreases and more places become lock down free. I know that a few operators are really hurting.

I like the game and I am looking forward to having a go on one. Grogu is definitely controversial and will gives plenty of people plenty to talk about.

Comment

• After watching the Mandalorian series I think they could have enhanced the pinball machine with a more animated toys Considering Stern have enough mechs in their inventory to repurpose their use. Two come to mind a static Grogu and a statc space ship? I don’t care too much but for what they cost I would be expecting more. Anybody can enhance their machine with static figurines, making them actually have a purpose with the ball shots that’s the real interaction there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Audioenslaved View Post

I wasn’t a huge fan of Dwight until turtles! Man he absolutely crushed that game! He certainly changed my mind
                    Turtles didn't grab me when I first played it, but hoping to get another go. It now has more positive feedback. I'd certainly like a Turtles pinball in my collection one day, so I'm hoping it grabs me.

I flicked through the Mando stream, but waiting to play it. I love Star Wars and loved The Mandalorian, but so far it's not a must own game. Grogu/baby Yoda doesn't move and the mini playfield doesn't make sense to me with Mando's helmet.
                    Wanted: Iron Maiden Pro. Drop me a PM if you're thinking about selling.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotty View Post
                      After watching the Mandalorian series I think they could have enhanced the pinball machine with a more animated toys Considering Stern have enough mechs in their inventory to repurpose their use. Two come to mind a static Grogu and a statc space ship? I don’t care too much but for what they cost I would be expecting more. Anybody can enhance their machine with static figurines, making them actually have a purpose with the ball shots that’s the real interaction there.
                      I think that doll is doing a fantastic job. It is designed to use the force to piss off all the haters in the hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinballaddicted View Post

I think that doll is doing a fantastic job. It is designed to use the force to piss off all the haters in the hobby.
                        Haters is a bit harsh, simply because someone has an opinion on a particular stagnant feature that could of had a little more attention. Stern have been called out on their code and quality and often lack of imagination. Pooling, splitting cabinets or lack of code, then sure if your not in on a new game or you have an opinion that goes against someone’s love for a title then I guess your a hater.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotty View Post

Haters is a bit harsh, simply because someone has an opinion on a particular stagnant feature that could of had a little more attention. Stern have been called out on their code and quality and often lack of imagination. Pooling, splitting cabinets or lack of code, then sure if your not in on a new game or you have an opinion that goes against someone’s love for a title then I guess your a hater.
                          I really like that the doll has stirred up so much controversy. Bit like the "toy on a spring" fiasco.

Haters is not harsh mate, opinions are fine and most people are good with that but go on FB and Pinside and see some of the negative and really bad stuff posted and you will see what I mean. It is really bad for the hobby in my view, we are really lucky in Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinballaddicted View Post

I really like that the doll has stirred up so much controversy. Bit like the "toy on a spring" fiasco.

Haters is not harsh mate, opinions are fine and most people are good with that but go on FB and Pinside and see some of the negative and really bad stuff posted and you will see what I mean. It is really bad for the hobby in my view, we are really lucky in Australia.
                            Whats. Some of the negative stuff? I can't see any let alone game changer ones to not buy

Comment

Whats. Some of the negative stuff? I can't see any let alone game changer ones to not buy
                              If you are ok with it all, that is good by me too. Pinball is all about you and what you like, if you change a decision to buy a game just because of someone else's opinion, that is silly in my view..

Comment

• Received notification today my LE has been delayed by a month…now expecting to arrive mid August.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X