Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fathom by Haggis!!!

An Original restored fathom is circa 11k, so this seems to be very fairly priced

Yeah agreed on that based on the original cost and rarity but I'd have to say that at that price compared to what a new designed machine has in regards to features and new fandangled features, etc, etc, etc is seemingly high...

A hard one to gauge me thinks...

I suppose if an old Bally KISS, Centaur, or Playboy can fetch those prices then maybe?

There is still a discrepancy of sorts just like the damned covid pricing and auction pricing....

Anyone agree?:unsure

• Like 1

Yeah agreed on that based on the original cost and rarity but I'd have to say that at that price compared to what a new designed machine has in regards to features and new fandangled features, etc, etc, etc is seemingly high...

A hard one to gauge me thinks...

I suppose if an old Bally KISS, Centaur, or Playboy can fetch those prices then maybe?

There is still a discrepancy of sorts just like the damned covid pricing and auction pricing....

Anyone agree?:unsure

11K for a restored Fathom, yes that is what a restored fathom costs IN AUSTRALIA

How much are they in the USA?

also, they are hopping that there are at least 250 people willing to spend 11K on a remake (with the wrong door)

11K for a restored Fathom, yes that is what a restored fathom costs IN AUSTRALIA

How much are they in the USA?

also, they are hopping that there are at least 250 people willing to spend 11K on a remake (with the wrong door)

Maybe 7kUS gauging what sells on pinside, so that's around 9kAUD.

I love the old games but repinning those bally connectors - uggg and old hacked MPU/power/lamp driver boards/ :rolleyes. Can't be fucked now fixing that stuff..

Could live with a surface mounted board too, as I'm sure they will to reduce cost. Parts?mmm will be interesting to see what's behind that backbox. JJP use switched PC power supplies for their 12/5v circuits. These are $60 power supplies in $22000 CE games. Yes 22kAUS. Spooky use a cheaper model where you have to ensure that you've selected 230v when in Aus :D

Like comparing the Beatles to Seawitch, I much prefer Beatles tbh and here's a chance to update code on a great classic that will play like lightning.

• Like 1

Cool, I hope the parts are compatiable with the Bally SS version as in the inline drop target banks, linear slingshot assemblies etc. They can steer clear of the linear flipper assemblies and use Williams though.

I think it is a good choice of machine to remake with no Williams Firepower taking all the sales this time around.

Always thought the Ballys of that era were more interesting but the coin definately followed the Williams product and as a result, so did the operators.

There are a few other machines from that 80s era worthy of a remake as well I believe that this time around won't be competing with that other massive coin magnet, video machines.

• Like 1

Wonder what time frame is expected to manufacture these. Should be a faster process than Celts, which has only had one machine shipped (to my knowledge).

$1650 deposit, and another $6600 deposit to secure the next 4 titles. Going to be a long while before they land in peoples games rooms.

Cool to see older games get remade & great to see an Aussie doing it.

• Like 1

If they remade popular , impossible to get, old ( unlicensed) titles and sold em for around 7k AUD I think most would sell like hotcakes to be honest.

its absolutely true but the price isnt realistic for a niche manufacturer. ( they would sell like hotcakes at $50 too.)

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to start getting the pins off the line and shipped. Seems like the most common hurdle for pinball manufactures both new and old (thinking JJP GnR). Think this should sell really well, which may mean they get hammered by orders.

Maybe they could set up a factory in china to reduce costs....... Nah keep it here which I'm sure they'll do..

I think this will be a win for them and provide lots of money to fund their future original projects. Glws guys

also think about it, centaur, 8 ball, paragon all possibles in the mix for next titles too

• Like 2

I'm honestly interested to know if people think this machine will sell based on current market and pricing vs its competitors as well?

Put this up against say GnR SE, new rumoured Stern Mandalorian LE, R&M by Spooky, CGC remakes being CC next.

Will people put their money towards Fathom over these titles?

• Like 2

I'm honestly interested to know if people think this machine will sell based on current market and pricing vs its competitors as well?

Put this up against say GnR SE, new rumoured Stern Mandalorian LE, R&M by Spooky, CGC remakes being CC next.

For me definite no. Forget nostalgia new all day long. If you present me with my now wife and a copy of her 40 years younger, all firm and tight, mechs all working as they should...... Who do you think I'd choose?. Fathom revisit.

But No brainer for me with new sterns etc, new tech, more mechs and toys, bigger rule set, LCD display will win every time.

for me to buy a fathom, it'd have to be priced in the $4-5ks which can't happen seeing 40yo examples are in the 9s and above

• Like 2

If there was a market for Monster Bash (shallow ruleset) and TNA (basic layout), then why not? Fathom has a few features that set it apart from other NIB games right now- lots of drop targets, detailed hand-drawn artwork, easy to understand ruleset with an emphasis on points rather than theme, and a lower playfield that's not the boring, done-to-death template that appears to be mandatory on all new machines. It won't be breaking any sales records, but it will sell.

• Like 4

These 2.0 rules look very interesting. Copied from TWIP.

2.0 RULES OVERVIEW

The new ruleset is more story driven with players progressing through mermaid battle modes, lagoon and mermaid multiballs, a battle with the Queen Mermaid and her Mermaidens and a final Mermaid Treasure wizard mode. The adventure continues 40 years after the original story with the daughter of the diver from 1981 returning to the lagoon where her father went missing to find out what happened. We have repurposed many playfield elements with a ruleset that is now mode-based whilst keeping the spirit of the original machine. The new code enables us to create a longer gaming experience than people are used to with the original game while still being a challenge to achieve the final goal.

The main action in the game will be a choice between multiballs and progressive battles with 4 Mermaidens and the Mermaid Queen. Every time a mermaiden is defeated you will have to escape back to the boat via a series of cave Escape Hurry Up modes. Blue targets will qualify modes and multiballs starting at the lagoon scoop at the top right of the playfield and green targets will qualify Mermaid battles at the right cave trap scoop. The 1,2,3 targets in sequence qualify mermaid Multiball both also starting at the right cave scoop. We have new rules for the spinner, playfield multipliers and how the green and blue bonuses are now increased and now instrumental with mermaid battles and multiballs.

To qualify for the Mermaid Treasure wizard mode, you will need to obtain 4 mermaid artifacts achieved by defeating the Mermaid Queen, completing the Lagoon and Mermaid multiballs and by earning the Playfield Super Jackpot. The Mermaid Queen battle is one of the most challenging modes in the game however if you have defeated her Mermaidens before reaching her it will be easier.

There’s a lot more to the new rules we are looking forward to showing everyone soon.

• Like 2