No announcement yet.

Stern Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even in a dark room the games own GI is washing out that screen most of the time. Not sure what Stern was thinking with this one.
    The Pinball Network
    https://www.facebook.com/pinballnetwork

Comment

It could be the first pinball meant for outdoors under the stars drive in style

Comment

Jack Danger is streaming the Premium at Stern now - https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip
        Eschew the standard. Turn the paradigm upside down.

Comment

The projector integration at this early stage is better than I thought it would be. Definitely a play in the dark game but looks sweet.

Comment

The projected display looked good on the vertical panels, drop targets and spinner. But it looked washed out on the two ramps. Maybe the ramps look better when you're standing over the machine? Animations are still to be done for the stand up targets, but I imagine they will look as good as the other vertical panels once implemented.

Good to hear there will be settings to adjust the position of each individual projection so it can be tweaked per machine as needed. I was wondering how they would handle the small build differences between machines.

Still lots of code to be added across the game.

For me though, the projector doesn't add any real value to the game play to justify the extra cost. It's a cool idea to have different animations across various surfaces in the game that relate to the current active modes. But it feels like this is more a possible future standard feature across all games instead of a Stranger Things theme related feature.

The theme of Stranger Things really appeals to me, but I've been really underwhelmed with what I've seen so far with this game. Looks alright, but that's about it.

Comment

So is anyone down for this one?
              I’m doing a Natalie Imbruglia, Torn.
              I really want to like this game but it’s not calling to me... yet.
              Just have to wait and see it in person.

Comment

Que200 pass on it mate it will be a real let down and will not stand next to Maiden or Metallica. TMNT might be good although theme does nothing for me. GNR or LED ZEPPELIN. Did you play a JP2? as this is the best game around atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Que200 View Post
                  Same, close but not quite there. They will be around for a while... maybe grab a pro and if you really like it upgrade later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Que200 View Post
                    If it's not grabbing you, that's usually a very good sign to not be buying one.

Best to hold off. Wait and see how the code develops - it's still quite awhile off being complete. As said above, they will be available for awhile, so there's no rush.

Comment

• Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X