Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sterns next game is Jurassic Park

djc

• Administrators
Image stolen shamlessly :)

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150637

- - - Updated - - -

At least you might actually get an opportunity to blow up the death star in this version :D

Wow they've taken the 2 ramp open playfield to the next level.....well it does represent the source material in a vast open galaxy far far away.

New Jurassic Park by Stern

It looks like Sterns next title might be Jurassic Park!

These pictures were leaked only a few hours ago:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150888[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150889[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150890[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150891[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150892[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150894[/ATTACH]

Looks like a really good game - and not much difference between the pro and premium.

For interactive things, there is a jeep with simple movement - jeep on a spring maybe?? it might also spin around, as in different photos its at different angles.

on the premium a t-rex that moves (static on pro) BUT looking closely at the images, it looks like the trex opens his mouth for the ball to go up the ramp into his mouth.

on the premium there is supposed to be moving helicopter blades, but looking at the images it doesnt look like the helicopter moves?

there might be a magnet under the jeep? on two different photos there are two balls sitting under the jeep, in both pics there are in different positions.

Launching the ball looks a bit like Twilight Zone with a DrWho Tardis - short plunge the ball falls onto the playfield, full plunge the ball goes down a scoop then is pushed up onto the wireform to feed to right flipper.

Alfie the Allosaurus is so excited for this new pinball and is eagerly waiting outside the Australian Pinball Museum to play the game.

1450237615_alfietheallosaurus.thumb.JPG.48bd08c539b08247081814d94992812e.JPG

2X734MW.thumb.jpg.049551076605b20689b6cc0ac424a3ab.jpg

2YYtnNR.thumb.jpg.2728ec83f3b75bd86953d3356c405675.jpg

40sLPNv.thumb.jpg.0f189eb06da8c3b55991dabc271be19e.jpg

BEDr9Vr.thumb.jpg.6ac56efb12c37a22449fa772eda46818.jpg

rn7jThl.thumb.jpg.9b136b30b98316ab498b0b490ae1a974.jpg

VBD16aN.thumb.jpg.1f7568e057792a3ec2d82bc2d1be3c60.jpg

Y44wMx9.thumb.jpg.75f95c5b31e8622f758f43b939138c78.jpg

I have heard there are no movie clips (no big deal), but potentially NO ACTOR VOICES !!

Mentioned this to my wife this morning and I quote "If it doesnt say, 'clever girl', or 'Dodson, we got Dodson here!', we are not getting it"..

Like, they dont even need new call outs, just take them straight from the movie!

Anyway, hope they got some voice's from the main characters, if not, they may as well just made a generic dinosaur pin and saved there money on the JP license..

noticed on the image the 'Jeep' isn't even the actual jeep from the movie, c'mon, that thing is iconic and is part of the show!!

Never know I guess, didnt in the past Stern show a game that they were still waiting on the final license deal to be signed off on (was it IMDN?), so they had to limit what was shown/heard?

The playfield does looks good. More interesting than I was expecting. Looking forward to seeing more high res close ups for more detail :)

The possibility of no movie clips or authentic voice's would really let the whole package down though if that's the case. The game will still play the same with or without them, but the experience and level of immersion you get just wouldn't be the same.

Bring on the official announcement though and all the details - looking forward to learning more and seeing just what Stern have put together :D

Yep, they’ve had the odd ordinary title but without them we wouldn’t have the greats, imdn, Deadpool, gotg, got etc.

Great time for pinball

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

So we have tv shows, movies, bands....

What do we need for a different title?

Should we send some mind altering drugs to the design team?

Isn't that where all the awesome titles of the past come from?

So we have tv shows, movies, bands....

What do we need for a different title?

Should we send some mind altering drugs to the design team?

Isn't that where all the awesome titles of the past come from?

We just had Black Knight Sword Of Rage which I would call 'out of the box' / different (at least from Stern). I think their theme choices are a balancing act between 40-50 year old collectors wanting to relive themes from the 80's and 90's, and for game operators looking to hook younger generations via a theme they can relate to - in this case Jurassic World via Jurassic park.

Edited by fridgejam
typo

We just has Black Knight Sword Of Rage which I would call 'out of the box' / different (at least from Stern). I think their theme choices are a balancing act between 40-50 year old collectors wanting to relive themes from the 80's and 90's, and for game operators looking to hook younger generations via a theme they can relate to - in this case Jurassic World via Jurassic park.

I get all that...

Maybe I should have added any re-make or continuation of theme.... Let me think??? STAR WARS...

I also should have said mind blowing new themed reasonably priced machine with an Aussie dollar at parity...

Did I miss anything?

I did mention Crash Bandicoot recently??? That could really work....

P.S. - I am 50 in 66 Days - I fit their demographic - Just

I get all that...

Maybe I should have added any re-make or continuation of theme.... Let me think??? STAR WARS...

I also should have said mind blowing new themed reasonably priced machine with an Aussie dollar at parity...

Did I miss anything?

I did mention Crash Bandicoot recently??? That could really work....

P.S. - I am 50 in 66 Days - I fit their demographic - Just

Don't worry too much. I think Stern's key demographic will 'move' along with you!

Interesting looking play field which doesn't appear to be a rip off another previous title. I hope Keith Elwin's new title is as successful as Iron Maiden, and looking forward to playing one.

Looks good.

1:Take $40 in $2 coins.

2: Play $40 worth of games.

3:Be over it by the time you get to $20 spent.

4:Save yourself $9,000 +

I think when paying to play you seem to get a real bang for your buck experience. And a real appreciation of what playing a pinball use to be. If you really like it you tend to add more coin. Owning games on freeplay has lost this appeal I once had for these games. So when a new game comes along we all know someone who has one and we never really pay to play anymore so we keep pumping free play credits until we beat the machine or get bored.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just salty because it wasn't King Kong :p

Still working on it. First they need to make that time machine one with the crazy blacksmith scientist and confused teenager.