Clear All

• cabinet art on standard is really pathetic grade 6 cut and paste lol
    it's even worse than TAG and that's hard to swallow

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.pinballnews.com/site/wp-...p-expo2019.mp3

Comment

• Comment

• It has been suggested they had to pay for each use of Gene's likeness - which is why he isn't on the side art on the SE.
            The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
            SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Comment

• Originally posted by sleazius View Post
              It has been suggested they had to pay for each use of Gene's likeness - which is why he isn't on the side art on the SE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colt45 View Post
                cabinet art on standard is really pathetic grade 6 cut and paste lol
                it's even worse than TAG and that's hard to swallow
                Your comparing a candy apple with a rotten apple. Candy is Dandy
                Last edited by hotty; 15th April 2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

It has been suggested they had to pay for each use of Gene's likeness - which is why he isn't on the side art on the SE.
                  However JJP seem to have no issue charging prices to the end user that you would think incorporate those type of costs incurred along the way.

I mean if Stern can get the KISS licence from someone renowned for milking every last cent out of everything from a pen to a coffin, and then sell those games starting at around what 8k at the time, I cant see Gene Wilder charging more for use of his mug ?

Comment

Still doesn't explain why the side is practically blank. They could have had Charlie or some Oompa Loompas.
                    Facebook: The official home of vacuous narcissism since 2004.

Comment

• I actually would have liked the side as a large wonka bar... or lots of wonka bars! Something about that packaging that looks nice and brings back good memories.. rather than have the movie logo and/or wilders face.

Comment

• Estates of deceased actors tend to charge a fortune to use their likenesses. I know using Rod Sterling on the TZ backglass is an issue for example. If they decide to remake that they'll probably have to do a stand in like was done for the original Back to the Future.
                        The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
                        SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Comment

• They've made the SE cab art simple to entice you to buy the LE

Comment

• Originally posted by hotty View Post
                            Your comparing a toffee apple with a rotten apple. Candy is Dandy

But liquor is quicker !

Comment

• Surely the side artwork is so plain to help get more people who care about such things up to the next price level, which is $A3000 more

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Estates of deceased actors tend to charge a fortune to use their likenesses. I know using Rod Sterling on the TZ backglass is an issue for example. If they decide to remake that they'll probably have to do a stand in like was done for the original Back to the Future.
                                It would be interesting to know how much they paid for rod sterlings likeness
                                live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X