Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rock-Ola 450 issue

allsportdvd.com

Question

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me to see if my problem is a quick fix?

My Rockola 450 will play the B side single fine but upon choosing an A side the mechanism just keeps searching.

there are 2 spinning arms on the disc (not sure of its name) the outside one spins and the inside does not.

I’ll upload an attachment and also have a video if that helps

6880B2A7-655E-4F47-A7BD-8F5C364D803C.thumb.jpeg.747735f1694b7e5b76f5d133afaf49c9.jpeg

811C9A5A-2B9E-4A24-A461-7BB8D1DF703D.thumb.jpeg.d1fcdcb7938e0a7a0042ea7b0a03af6e.jpeg

15 answers to this question

It’s been a while since I worked on a rockola but the levers marked are a and b side check the wires going to the solenoid that kicks the A side levers, Or manually trip an an inner and outer lever and see if it plays the A and B side or still only b side 53c63a1bd8a67120907415defb5c01a4.plist

Okay that helped thanks @ddstoys

I flicked a switch on both sides and only the B side played. The arm that has the 2 solenoids on the inside doesn’t rotate around to knock the pin back, only the outside one rotates if that makes sense

Its been a very long time since i worked on one also, use to have a rockola 454

but that arm and counter weight with the 2 solenoids A& B is supposed to spin and stop when it hits the selection pin thats pushed out so it can select the record, sometimes if one side doesn’t select check contacts and solder connections on the slip ring mechanism and what it supplies. Have look in the bottom of the cab for anything that may have dislodged, highly unlikely but it doesn’t hurt.