Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

SKJukeBox in a poker machine

I managed to get hold of a couple of late model poker machines which have dual LCD displays - Aristrocrat Viridain MKVII

Two LCD monitors! They were screaming out to be converted into video jukeboxes and I'd heard SKJukeBox had video support.

A few hours later I had one up and running! Admittedly it's a movie but that was just a trial to find out what file types it would play.

I'm using the original amp in the machine and running on 12V at the moment. When I go into work today I'll open up a real machine and measure if they run on 12V or 24V (My job is a pokie tech)

The lower door is open and there's a million cables hanging out of it because the PC and PSUs running the amp and monitors are currently sitting on my work bench.

Just got to find where to get hold of song video clips. I heard there was a place around Brissy which supplied them.

20170426_213540.thumb.jpg.2a7374c581f0c69f4262ffd8548376c4.jpg

nice setup!

I would change the software though http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/

although its not free but fantastic!

IM not sure about your video clips but there is a mob that licenses out music videos on proprietary software

Yep, looked at that site. The screen looks too cluttered. I just want something simple for home use. I don't need a heap of features I'll never use, thanks for pointing it out though.

My jukebox is coming along nicely.

Bought a small amp for it. The original amp 50Hz hummed loudly until the PC booted and during play there was a slight hum present. Easier to go buy a new one.

Programmed the keyboard encoder and now I can use the poker machine buttons. A couple were sticking but since I work in that field I was able to replace them. They're a triangle shape I also rotated the left/right and volume up/down buttons to indicate left, right, up and down. Might even change the number buttons to square . . . no . . . actually I will change them to square. I'm on call this weekend, I'll drop into work and grab some from our 'grey stock'.

All I need to do is replace the PC in it because the test one is actually my PC from the man cave.

It lives.

Only has a few video clips at the moment.

Just need to make a wooden base and maybe add larger speakers in that.

Change the art work below the buttons and then power up the light in that area.

20170504_165249.thumb.jpg.e42331e3560f6ab9f4760b647585570e.jpg

Finished it today.

I added the Dave Gilmore artwork (by Tim Noll) to the front panel and back lit it.

Just got to put it on a wooden base instead of the milk crate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109646[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work....

If you ever get another gutted pokie, I'm interested esp with the 2nd screen on top....

Ill 2nd that motion

Can only get single screen at the moment and I think they have CRT monitors at the moment.

I'm going to do some checking and see if they're still available. I may have some top boxes for them at work which can have monitors added to them.

With a top box they'd look something like this (minus the oval topper)

The main door is plastic.

mk6.jpg.014309899769a3cf368032868295aeaf.jpg

20170506_184626.thumb.jpg.cd73574ca87f9b220de7f035f2efd764.jpg

• 3 years later...
@Crafty did you ever share these? I don't recall seeing you ask for us interested to PM to arrange and I don't recall if I sent one... old age does that to the memory.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss. Happy to help:)

6000 Video Clips at least 5000 from an old pub video jukebox plus 10,000+ albums already sorted and tagged for SK jukebox

• Like 1