Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Touch screen overlay advice

Welcome to the forum Rickdebono :)

As kings arcadestated check the aspect ratio of the monitor

the resistive or capacitive overlays of today are both ok to use for a jukebox

Have you decided what software to run

are you going to use singles or whole albums?

Thanks for the quick feedback guys!

kingsarcades, thanks for the heads up on the aspect ratio. I have confirmed that the aspect ratio is in fact 16:10 (Lenovo L197 Widescreen monitor)

I have looked again on eBay and found this overlay which I plan to order this evening:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/for-19-1-inch-16-10-WideScreen-Add-On-USB-Touch-Screen-to-PC-LCD-Monitor-UQLT079-/360886442531?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item5406821a23

Davefjedi, looking at your prior posts I think that I will go with eTouch Jukebox. I will be running a lot of singles, including music video / karaoke to a secondary display - likely a 22" LCD at this stage.

• Administrators

Having used both a saw/capacitive and resistive overlays I would recommend against using the usual resistive overlays such as the one listed. Performance is bad and they fail. If you can afford a SAW type or capacitive you will get a way way better result.

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators

Ebay sell them too but they're harder to find as the market is flooded with those resistive models.

If I get a chance I'll try and find some and link them for you. Note that they are more expensive and in some cases by a lot but I have 2 resistive ones (same as you linked) and a saw one and I'd NEVER use a resistive one again

There appears to be a lot listed that do not require drivers and the usb cable is integrated. They look like saw/type given the description but don't specifically state what the input type is? EG:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19-Wide-Vandal-and-Scratch-Proof-Multi-Touch-Screen-Overlay-Kit-for-Windows-8-7-/350586132574?pt=AU_Components&hash=item51a08fd85e

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators
sorry people but all the above are rubbish - i've used them all over the years

this is what you need - no drivers needed plug and play

http://www.cyclotouch.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=2504&osCsid=c5e529826ab117fff191497400ad395e

Yep it appears these are now the predominant type on Ebay and look the goods. Do NOT use the type you originally listed, they are seriously crap.

Brad