Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Soundcard For Jukebox

Is there any advantage in using an entry level Soundblaster card to play MP3's ?

Or is the Intel sound on motherboard OK ?

I have caught the Jukebox bug and purchased Logitech Z-2300 speakers.

Time to rebuild the shed to stop it resonating :)

Apparently the neighbour likes my taste in music. Sadly he has no choice, cos I hate his teenage daughters taste in "music" :cry

Sound cards, from my knowledge free up a little bit cpu time

and are much akin to changing the head unit in your car stereo, there are gains to be had in quality- but whether using high quality MP3s cancels this i am not sure:unsure

sound cards also offer flexibility in relation to features not to mention connectivity (i am looking at you optical out):D

Still i am not sure about the mp3 gains are there to be had

Is there any advantage in using an entry level Soundblaster card to play MP3's ?

Short Answer: None.

Long Answer: None, unless your using better speakers and listening to lossless audio, 99.99% of people won't notice the difference.

How old is the motherboard?

Good choice on speakers, but the only downside is that there is bugger all midrange, and the crossovers dont overlap as well as they should. But still a great speaker package overall.

Onboard sound is the best option. Some audio cards have built in pre-amplifiers to boost the signal. Easy to buy a preamplifier, less than $20 for a good one.

You wont notice any sound difference between onboard or soundcard with these speakers.

Thanks for the advice......Looks like I'll keep the MB sound as is.

Living in WA I'm having trouble trying to remember what a Stadium is

challenge stadium brillaint to make your ears ring for a few days :lol