Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

my new project . wurlitzer 1015 OMT

ive always loved the old 1015 wurlitzer jukebox shape, its a classic shape and probably the most recognizable jukebox. the wurlitzer 1015 One More Time CD juke, which is the CD version replica of the 1940's 45 vinyl model is pretty sexy also.

one come up on ebay less than 5 minutes down the road but was too expensive at the opening price, so after a few days of negotiation, a deal was done tonight. :applause: so its lots of work (and money no doubt) but they arent seen all that often in this part of the country (or elsewhere for that matter in my experience) so freight is always a killer from interstate and nowhere near the purchase price either. :cool: so its off to ebay with my touchscreen juke/s to pay for it as well as a few more beer signs and lights to pay for the parts, but with some luck and work it will come up nicely :023:

its the one ive always wanted and should look nice next to the pins and its got pretty good sound too of course!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320453327179&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

just what i really needed ... another project hehe. i should save up for a bloody shed to work in :lol

ive ordered some parts for it (4 new bubble tubes and 2 new pilaster plastics) which will bring the right look to it, but im not going to start on it until i get a new place with big shed to strip it and get it sweet. fired it up tonite and 10 minutes later the neighbour was at the back fence seeing wtf all the noise was! our ears were ringing, its LOUD (yay).

at this stage im planning to just restore the outside. being the "one more time" model, it played cd's originally, so im going to keep an eye out for a cheap(ish) original cd unit, as i have everything else in place to be able to fit it and bring it back to complete original, but for now im happy to make it look the goods and use SKjuke via the buttons to give me sound aplenty. who knows, i may even keep it that way, but these are pretty expensive once they are original and in nice nick, so i think back to full original will be a plan for the future. it looks much better than my kiosk touchscreen and sounds heaps better, so im pretty happy already :)

i got bubble tubes and plastics from victory glass, cheapest i could find in the world but that pretty much all they sell for this model. not sure where else i'll get stuff from but may try nelson in sydney as they are the oz distributor but usually distributors charge like wounded bulls

• 1 month later...

I called Nelson up just now and was told that the company has closed down.

Last week i got called out to look at a hankin that had no picture and the guy also had a omt jukebox that wasn't working that he wants me to fix as well.

It wasn't picking up cd's at all but from the documentation he had there i made the cd eye do all its tests and was working fine.

I downloaded the field service manuals. But thought i would check here to see whether somebody had any experience with these machines

Its been tampered with before which always makes me nervous.

• Super Moderator

wow. i think they are the 'ultimate juke'. They look so classic.

diagnostics in manual should get you mostly there. I've never done a wurlitzer but I have fixed 4 AMI Rowe 100CD jukes and the probs were:

2 laser units had gone - these were on the ones that had 130K+ plays.

the speakers were wired incorrectly on one and had to be put back to original plus the CD selector board needed to be recapped.

the 4th one had chucked a drive belt and the CPU connectors were not making (loose) - std molex type connectors tho so easy fix. they all needed new lights and all of the coin mechs were stuffed but on free play this doesn't matter so much.

Dunno about wurlitzer but AMI Rowe have good LED diagnostics and menu driven diagnostics which helped a lot.

good luck

sexy is what made me get this one, even with no original cd unit or many other bits, but i couldnt afford (or would never pay) several thousand for a working one or a few grand for a near complete one (i'd rather buy another pin or two). im happy to have the main bits look like it originally was, but have a small lcd screen where the cd window is, working off the original buttons to play the songs thru a pc inside. easier to put my selections on also!

i know a guy 3 streets away (maybe 700yds) and he can hear it when i put it out on the back patio and fire it up. 250watts will do this and its so clear (and it still looks so sexy .......) and despite the neighbours not being happy, we all love it despite the ears ringing after a little while...

maybe one day i may try to make it back to original, but right now im not fussed as it looks good, sounds great and it blows people away once they see it, even before i fire it up. YAY to that!

If you pick up any Wurlitzer CD playing juke from the late 80's onwards (those without visible mechs) the carousel and electronics, type CDM 4 onwards will fit straight in. As they all used pretty much the same set up. So keep an eye out for the boxy type Wurly's as they go fairly cheap and swap out the insides in each that way you will still have two working jukes. Good luck with your search. My wurly is the most prized of all in my collection, it's facinating how people will ignore a stereo but want to play a track on the juke when they see it.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

heres an interesting update (especially for my soft neighbours....)

i got a new pc for the guts of the juke on the cheap (Pentium 4 P4 3.4GHz 512MB 80GB SATA CD-RW DVD PCIe with licenced xp pro for $50) and it had a speaker config/test pop up on connecting, so of course i checked it. no left channel .. ack!!

after checking cables, checking outputs, checking a few other things, i decided that everything was ok and maybe the amp was at fault (maybe thats why i got it cheap i thought..:o)

BUT on close inspection the selector on the amp wasnt set to stereo, so i flicked the switch to stereo and much more noise!!! :cool:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :p

so now its pumping out what it should thru both channels and sounds even better than before. i dont know if i want to make it original now. i like it with skjuke running and being able to load new albums via wireless etc. i know its worth more as original and i would buy the original carousel and other bits required at the right price in future, but for now its doing everything i could ask for, looks great and sounds mighty. :D

ok, heres a pic. it has a mini keyboard hanging out the front at present as the original button panel is on the way to jacob for a rebuild (it has 0-9 as well as <- and -> buttons for page fwd/back and another with r on it that will be something like reverse i guess. with skjuke i dont think i will need much else as im not going to use find/search function, so only maybe an up/down/list/enter perhaps so i can cancel songs (i have 6 buttons on the panel on the front, 3 on other side i can title whatever i want i guess). apart from that, not much else i want to do on it apart from put a 15" lcd mounted closer to the front window and a full timber restoration and new side pilasters (the plastics as both are broken) and slowly find some more chrome bits for it as they aint all that good close up (i have some, so i may be able to trade or sell mine off to get ones i dont have as it come with some spares)

http://www.pubstuff.com.au/arcade/juke.jpg

Nicely scored ! I have looked through the service manual and can see what look like two 10" subs for the bass.

Could you tell me what other speakers it uses, as I would like to replicate the audo for my own jukebox project ?

correct in 2 subs. i think it uses 2 mids and 2 tweets as well. i could have a look at what model numbers or ratings are on the speakers if that helps.

as a side note, i plugged in my logitech z2300's to the pc in it the other week when trying to work out why i had only one channel firing (i plugged in the logitechs to make sure i was getting 2 channels out of the pc before i went any further to see why i got only one channel) and holy joe, it was bloody close, altho the original amp/speakers did go a bit louder and thump quite some more, but im not sure if most people would notice. there is a thread elsewhere in the juke section where a z2300 setup is being used in a juke cabinet and im sure he will also recommend them highly. very good sound level and quality indeed.

Thanks for the idea of using the Logitech system. I use a baby Logitech LS21 for the Mame cab as it replicates the original audio quite well. I didn't realise the Z2300 is THX Certified.

That should annoy the neighbours sufficiently....:D

Looks like very good bang for the buck at $270