Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gots a juke !!!!

Now to get it working

It's an Rowe AMI Disco 200 from the Freebies post - Insanely nice for someone to give away something like this !!! Big thanks for the gift, it will get a massive workout when I get her up and running.

Project for me over the summer, I'll take some photo's tonight and post them up after I give her a clean.

B
    Pins - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Arcade - 26" LAI with SFII CE, SF vs Xmen, Marvel Vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Zero 2
    Neo Geo - MV-2F, MV-1C - 100-in-1, World Heroes, Super Sidekicks 2, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting

Well done - great score!

Comment

very envious it was so far away, so great score!
      Aussie : (Australian Slang) - a native or inhabitant of Australia
      Arcade : (Generic) - A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game
      Forum : Noun (Latin/English) - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Comment

Great score there pics asap now to go garage saleing to get the lp`s to fill her up
        The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats, nice score.
          DE Lethal Weapon 3
          Williams Space Shuttle
          Stern Nugent
          GTB Pioneer, Bally HI-LO Ace
          48 in 1 Lowboy, Final Lap3.

Comment

Pix will be up...I've drilled the lock, expecting it to be a simple job, I was wrong - looks like there are several latches keeping her locked up and solid.

Brute force is always an option....right ?
            Arcade - 26" LAI with SFII CE, SF vs Xmen, Marvel Vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Zero 2
            Neo Geo - MV-2F, MV-1C - 100-in-1, World Heroes, Super Sidekicks 2, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting

Comment

Alright...this is driving me nuts !!! I'm about to move to Brute force mode and hope to pop it open.

any idea how to open this beast with the lock gone ?

Comment

Do you know what model or year it is? There are more than one disco 200.
                EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
                Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
                Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
                Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

Comment

Some pics....the bit with the model and info has been ripped off...joy joy

Still needs a clean, but I really want to get inside, get the previous owners records out and hand them back....then get my hands dirty and get it pumping again.
                  Last edited by Bendragon; 23rd August 2009, 09:21 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

i remember those units.... aint seen them for ages. they were quite popular at hamburger joints/cafe's once up on a time
                    rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
                    if your new to electronics and

Comment

http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/ami/r83/r83.htm
                      Looks like this one.
                      You can see the tabs. It probably uses a sliding bar arrangement. You'll have to twist the lock somehow to retract the bars.
                      Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).

Comment

I've drilled it out, and there looks to be a channel top and bottom - might have to use a bit more force on it in order to turn it.

It's sturdy as hell !

I'll see how it goes

**** Update - Lock bit with channels now just spins in place with no unlocking Grrrrr

Comment

Get someone to push down on the front at the same time

Comment

And with the gentleness of a baby and a mashed fist, he's cracked her open !!!
                            Popped the locking tabs and I have seen the pearl...

Now that it's open, I can get the records back to the previous owner (cos I'm a tops bloke like that haha)

Looks like the locking device works fine, but may have popped off the lock at the back at some time, so I'm ff to bunnings tomorrow for a barrel lock to get that back into order (device seems to be smooth when I work it by hand.

Trouble shoot tomorrow - but lights work, search works, cancel works, buttons appear to work, however, the carousel simply spins on power up, and although cancel works, it goes right back to spinning.

Side note, Model number is R-83-B - so look out google, I'm searching.

Stoked Ben, signing off haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bendragon View Post
                              And with the gentleness of a baby and a mashed fist, he's cracked her open !!!
                              Popped the locking tabs and I have seen the pearl...

Now that it's open, I can get the records back to the previous owner (cos I'm a tops bloke like that haha)

Looks like the locking device works fine, but may have popped off the lock at the back at some time, so I'm ff to bunnings tomorrow for a barrel lock to get that back into order (device seems to be smooth when I work it by hand.

Trouble shoot tomorrow - but lights work, search works, cancel works, buttons appear to work, however, the carousel simply spins on power up, and although cancel works, it goes right back to spinning.

Side note, Model number is R-83-B - so look out google, I'm searching.

Stoked Ben, signing off haha
                              Pics ???????
                              sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
                              CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
                              LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X