Car Speakers/Amp for jukebox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Speakers/Amp for jukebox

Righto. I was playing with some standard 5.1 ch speakers i had with my jukebox and decided they just arent beefy enough and the quality of sound just isnt good enough.

As such I went on a trip to office work and Hardly normal and tried out their other computer speakers on full

all of them just seemed like computer speakers and were not going to cut it as speakers.

As such I was thinking another choice would be to set up a rig with car speakers and amp.

Say woofer and 2 tweeters or two 6inches and 2 tweeters.

Though not too sure.

Has anyone put car speakers in their jukebox?

If so what was the setup you went with?
    Even I ignore me

I have car speakers in mine but they are running off a PC Altec Lansing Sub.

Damn good sound but would really like an amp to pump out even more volume of a needs basis

Brad
    My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Logitech Z5500.....try those pc speakers.

Comment

If you have a good stereo system why don't you just put a wireless audio sender in the jukebox and then the receiver on your stereo amp.. This will allow you to hook the system up wireless to any system. I personally use a Creative 5.1 system and I find it to be sufficient for my needs.

Comment

Nah i want this as a self contained box outside the speakers.

I tried the z5500 but still wasnt what I was looking for.

Time to head to autopro on the weekend and start a wishlist methinks
          Even I ignore me

Comment

I have installed a full car stereo setup into an arcade cabinet. It works REALLY well.

Use all car stereo gear, do not mix and match with a regular amp, use a car stereo amp, car stereo subs, speakers, etc.. and run it off a separate PC power supply.

The sound is phenomenal.
            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by biggeorge View Post
              I have installed a full car stereo setup into an arcade cabinet. It works REALLY well.

Use all car stereo gear, do not mix and match with a regular amp, use a car stereo amp, car stereo subs, speakers, etc.. and run it off a separate PC power supply.

The sound is phenomenal.
              What did you go with speaker wise?

I only have about a 510mm x 400mm area to play with, though I could go deeper

More looking for advice on the exact speaker and woofer sizes you went with
              Even I ignore me

Comment

I have used a pair of 6" speakers on the left & right channels of a 4ch amp. Then I bridged the other 2 channels to drive a 10" sub.

The sub was mounted in the back of an upright arcade cabinet below the panels that you can remove.

This might sound stupid but, Just shove 'em in wherever you can. Ideally you want the speaker facing outwards from the cabinet, but you can create some intersting sounds by mounting them onto a timber panel internally. You end up with a more boomy, boxy kind of sound when they are like that but it isn't ideal.

Maybe show us some pictures!??
                Retired

Comment

Forget it.

Buy a cheap older HiFi component system (my choice) or a new Midi system.
                  Car stereos are made for cars and that is where they should stay.

Comment

Auto speakers sound goood

I have been using auto speakers in many projects for years and there great! I like the 3 way Pioneer 9 by 6's or Pioneer 6" 3way's. I put 2 of these speakers in series which gives you 8 ohms, make up a box and use it for a center channel for 5.1 surround systems. I have a home made one now under my lcd hi def tele sounds awesome. Ive also used them in pins, quality of the speaker is better than the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by SPURR View Post
                      I put 2 of these speakers in series which gives you 8 ohms
                      Doing this should give you fantastic results. Left, Right, Sub, dont need 5.1 for music. As said before, a nice seperate power amp is your best bet.

Comment

I'm curious about your comments Spacies.

My initial reaction to using car audio equipment is wouldn't you be paying for features in the car audio equipment that is solely around solving problems that you experience in a car? Eg. vibration, heat, etc? I would have thought buying the speakers that are not prepackaged into a Car style enclosure would be cheaper. And as Spacies said, a second hand old stereo system would be damn cheap. I have no real idea when it comes to these things, but I'm really really curious. I know that car stuff is easy to install as you don't have to worry about sorting out cross overs and all that kinda stuff, but I was willing to jump in cause there is tonnes of resources about it on the net.

I just picked up this 5.1 system second hand for $50. Seen heaps of stereos at cash converters over the years (though haven't been in one for quite a while). Plan to maybe use this in my Jukebox I'm going to build, however I'm not sure about the speakers, so I may keep the speakers to use in cabs that I build in future

Comment

That looks awesome. Is it a built in amp? I'd love to put something like this in mine as the current set don't get enough power.

brad
                          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Not sure. I dont have it with me now, picking it up this sat. I'm presuming that the box in the pic is the amp but not sure if the subwoofer is active/passive (don't even know if you can have a passive subwoofer).

People sell stuff all the time at work but generally goes damn fast. If something like this comes up again, want me to grab it for you?

Comment

Definitely at that price and if I can output sound from the PC into it! Let me know how you go.

What I'm looking for is something that has a decent sub and can drive car audio speakers with plenty of grunt. The Altec Lansing I have works really well, just doesn't drive enough sound out =/

Cheers,
                              Brad

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X