Time for a new Jukebox project..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new Jukebox project..

Ok people, I'm feeling stupid and inspired.. I'm going to update my jukebox.. My old one was too heavy.. Now I need some brainstorming ideas.. I want something that will stand about a little over waist height for a normal size person but still be fairly light. The 17" lcd i have and the sub and speakers and components already weight enough. I need a light-weight idea for a jukebox box. I was thinking what materials will stay light but still stay rigid.. Maybe a PVC bin. A square one that will accommodate the size of a 17" lcd screen under it. I could mount the screen under the bottom side.. But I don't want it to look tacky.. I'm not too bad with timber but most timber weighs a fair bit. I could go with plywood which is an option. It had to be portable because I take it to parties and lend it to friends for engagement parties and it will even be at a wedding next year. I'm going to begin to sketch up some ideas but If i can find something that already exists that I could hack apart that would help. I was also thinking fiberglass as an option but when you add up the expense of resin and sheeting it's pretty costly.. I'm going to do this on a low budget as I do with most of my projects.. I might have to run up and down the shelves at my local Bunnings and see what I can find. Any ideas will be appreciated though.

Try and replicate one of these with an LCD and Computer NIDZ....

I am going to have a go (although not an exact replica) using an aluminum frame and plywood.

sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
    CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
    LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

If I was going to make another one, I would be getting my mate who can weld and has the equipment, to weld a frame to mount the monitor on with a small box underneath for the computer and speakers

Something like the Naomi Upright cab but in miniture.

After I finish the one I am currently making, I am going to make a mini one with a line out, kind of like a Sonos player I guess but with my own HD.
      This is for a friend who wants to plug it into his stereo rather than have the full box
      Even I ignore me

Comment

wow, that seeburg looks like something from dr who!

Comment

you may find whats on offer at poly suppliers. they rotomould all sorts of tanks and bins, something may be about right. otherwise there is guys who fabricate plastic enclosures for signs etc, but that prob starts to get pricey unless you get a afterhours job.
          personally im thinking of a classic wurlitzer shape and have spoken to both my neon shop and a plastic fabricator to enclose the neon behind clear sheet to protect it and i think that with a touchscreen in the middle, a multi color led behind a raised level to sync with the speaker will look pretty flash. im thinking of starting it in the next few weeks or so but as a long term project (the neon shop is quiet at present and that means very good pricing).
          Aussie : (Australian Slang) - a native or inhabitant of Australia
          Arcade : (Generic) - A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game
          Forum : Noun (Latin/English) - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Comment

time for a jukebox!

thanks to you NIDZ i'm still building mine
            i'm not sure where to start on the BOX/FRAME

Garry

Comment

Scatch down an idea on paper.. I've been doing it myself.. Make it suit your needs and then go buy some sheets of MDF from Bunnings and get to work.. Measure twice, cut once.. I'm still thinking how I will do mine.. I'm thinking of making it out of ply wood for a light frame..

I was basically looking at this thread as a brainstorming thread where people who find cool things can post em and maybe I can incorporate them into my project.. I reckon one of those flat style plasma balls would look good.. I definitely want to put cold cathodes on this next model that I make. It has to be all protected so I can transport it around..

Comment

plus what you already know nidz
                started out small

Garry

Comment

Originally posted by RARASV8 View Post

plus what you already know nidz
                  started out small

Garry
                  Where did you score this from RARAS??
                  sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
                  CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
                  LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daics3522 View Post
                    Where did you score this from RARAS??
                    Jaycar
                    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...T&SUBCATID=443

Garry

and Nidz, one of those speakers is Bigger that you Jukebox

Garry
                    Last edited by RARASV8; 30th July 2009, 06:41 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

That's pretty hardcore.. I've learned in the past that people don't like it when they can't talk over the sound level of the music so the system I'm running works fine for a portable unit..

Comment

Originally posted by Nidzdotnet View Post
                        That's pretty hardcore.. I've learned in the past that people don't like it when they can't talk over the sound level of the music so the system I'm running works fine for a portable unit..
                        Mostly true although a had a couple complain the other week at a 40th. Mind you they complained about everything

I don't want bigger speakers but I want a small 12volt amp I could install

Brad
                        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

just keeping the misses happy nidz

Garry

Comment

Got any more pics of your project?

Today I got asked if my jukebox could be at a engagement party.. I wanted to quickly re-design it but the mrs says no.. I might just have to do it on the sly.. haha..

Comment

slowly getting there Nidz!
                              i've designed the "BOX" and will get the rest of the material this week to assemble over the weekend.
                              having probs running the second screen off the jukebox software, but can run the second screen while using limewire
                              haven't run the speakers and amp together yet, but the speakers sound awsome running off a little stereo system.
                              will be seeking some help with songs soon

Garry

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X