Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Touchscreen Overlay's

Has anyone had any experience with these ?

I'm looking to use one in a wall mount Juke style to control my PC/home theater from the pool room.

OR

A hacked lappy networked to the main PC/Theater setup.

I want to make it as small (depth wise) as possible so it won't look too out of place.

Cheers,

Ben

Guest Burra749
Has anyone had any experience with these ?

I'm looking to use one in a wall mount Juke style to control my PC/home theater from the pool room.

OR

A hacked lappy networked to the main PC/Theater setup.

I want to make it as small (depth wise) as possible so it won't look too out of place.

Cheers,

Ben

I purchased mine from these guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DIY-Touch-Screen-Panel-Kit-TouchScreen-For-19-Inch-LCD_W0QQitemZ400043915522QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Laptop_Parts?hash=item400043915522&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Excellent service & product.

Brad did a review on them in the forum.

Arrived from China in 3 days of purchasing it.:D

Guest Burra749
So that's what you're running on yours ?

If so, when I collect the Machine from you, mind if I have a lookey at it and get some ideas ?

No problems, suss it out & get some ideas.

i got a question in line with this thread.

i got a 20" lcd, but i cant find any overlays for 20", so can i use a 21" overlay (or even one of them that is about 19.5")?

i havent used them and dont know if this is something that needs to be exactly the same size if i were to be mounting them in a custom bezel that i can make slightly smaller in view size if smaller?

• Super Moderator
If you can mount the 21" overlay on the monitor and it the cab without issue there will be no problem in using a larger overlay on a smaller screen. It comes down to the calibration, as you need only calibrate the screen area that you will use, if you know what I mean..

• Administrators

Woka's spot on. The overlay really just acts as a mouse within windows so pressure on any part of the overlay translates as mouse movement and clicking. You'll just have to be careful about overhang as these are thin glass sheets.

Brad