Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Different sort of jukebox

I'm in the same boat as Dave here. Got a nice unit in the shed that I picked up for $50 that would suit our house, only to realise I cannot be bothered with it...

Have not got to the axe stage yet but seriously if anyone wants one happy to give it to them. Local only though postage would be too hard......

I am going to watch ebay for a while till one comes up in my area

there are some nice ones around

i will look for one that is not working or partly gutted as i would feel like a crim pulling a working one apart

Yep, thought the exact same thing about a year ago. Picked up an old radiogram for $10 (much like the Astor you have listed on one of your links) and wanted to install a tiny PC and touch screen (Coles type) I scored off a mate (swapped him an Atari 2600 for it).

After measuring everything up, there was not a chance in hell I was going to be able to fit anything in the old girl. So I decided to build my own type of replica, ended up retaining the original turn table, drawer and light and fitted it to my 'JarrahJuke' as I named her. Not the prettiest of creations, but for my first woodworking project since yr 10 I would say not that bad an effort.

However I still want to grab a sizable old style radiogram/sterogram and do it up - completely original without any indication it's something else. Looks like an FJ, but goes like a Ferrari lol.

Only problem is in WA here there is bugger all that pop up on the eBay radar (dam eastern staters lol)

Click on the link in my sig for a full write up, not what your after of course but hey you may see how not to do it :D It wasn't planned, just a whole bunch of free parts put together as I went along.

soup plenty in WA

there was around 10 or so late last year in a perth auction

lalalalalalalalalalalalal...I can't hear you....lalalalalalalalla :D

Yeah, I guess you got to to know where to look. I scour the Quokka and Fleabay (subscribed search), and Ross's auctions every now and again, but see many pop up on the eastcoast rugularly (makes sense).

Not as bad as the US though, the amount of old *restoration* class of jukeboxes going for next to quids is amazing.

Gemeni - I don't know if my scratch build was the best decision however by doing so I didn't destroy an original in the process given that my hand skills were/are limited, let alone my imagination. I really want to do a mod on a 30'w/40's/50's radiogram, right after I finish my MAME machine then after my Double Dragon II restoration project then after my cocktail build......he he.

Just make sure you keep us all up to date with how you go!

• 1 month later...

digging up this thread

ive spotted 3 so far on hardwaste

1 (which ive taken and hidden for the time being at work) was a valve radiogram that looked like a square cupboard with 1 side having a cupboard with what appears to be glass racks on the doors. A big chrysler valve radiogram and lastly a HMV solid state radiogram

so there outthere for finding

digging up this thread

ive spotted 3 so far on hardwaste

1 (which ive taken and hidden for the time being at work) was a valve radiogram that looked like a square cupboard with 1 side having a cupboard with what appears to be glass racks on the doors. A big chrysler valve radiogram and lastly a HMV solid state radiogram

so there outthere for finding

Let's see some pics!!!!!