Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fujifilm Kiosk Jukebox

Hey guys,

Got myself those kiosks to turn into a jukebox for the Mrs..

66a98b835b7543e8ed927b16cabf1c70.jpg

cbb9d485d47a3ba51338136a5a1a3164.jpg

I reinstalled windows 7 in the stock computer and I can't for the life of me get anything working on the touch screen...

I installed Elo Multi Touch 6.8.3 and managed to get "Eli Touch Solutions 2701U/2700U intellitouch under Human Interface Devices

041c9e45e1ae86fa722b76a169064946.jpg

Problem is nothing happens, I can use it as a mouse, or it does nothing when it goes into the calibration screen.

I took the monitor off the bezel and found there was cracked glass on the bottom left of the monitor

f35f5bcc6213d1cee69a425fb8d31a0c.jpg

Would this "break" the touch screen ability or would it be like mobile phones where the touch screen still functions if it's got broken glass?

Also found that the whole bottom row of screw holes came off which resulted in a severed connection.

bcc6341f6390bae7bc8a548df128d892.jpg

I eventually soldered both wires back but unfortunately there's still nothing working - I can't drag the mouse, or click or anything.

When I unplug the monitor, it makes the normal usb unplug sound and when I plug in, it shows up in device manager under HID.

Anybody got any other suggestions to try?

TIA

• Like 1

The broken glass wouldn't be the problem - its just glass IF it hasn't interfered with the touchpanel underneath the black adhesive strip - hard to tell from the pic. That wiring might have been severed before? or do you think you did it? Your driver board is OK because it can be seen by Windows. Its definitely your touchscreen overlay / wiring. If the wire wasnt damaged before hand.

If you have a meter test for continuity on the resoldered wire. If thats OK then check the flat cable between drive board and touch screen - it my be protected by glue. Typically you buy the overlay with the flat ribbon cable. Diagnostic doesnt look good :(

Let us know how you go

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply..

The unit underneath the glass doesn't appear to be broken.. There was definitely no continuity from the severed wire to the two points (yellow and blue)

2ccba69d81c2bc0cecff5b20cada3756.jpg

The yellow and blue wires were so fragile everytime I used the wire stripper, it would rip off the cable clean..

I eventually got wires stripped and soldered and then there was another point that got severed which I hoped didnt :(

a16aed5a13cbe7676d78c339baa76808.jpg

4 of the 5 screw holes had come off which were still fortunately intact, but I think the sag is what caused the wires to be severed.

Since they were still all intact, I was able to bond it back using the super glue and bi carb soda trick

f3f26f1f5274ca26942f53279d796460.jpg

The weirdest part of me was the fact that I pronged the blue and yellow points and they have continuity to each other.. As well as the red/green points on the unit.

91e458eb65a733f52c6ad7ec4cfff2e0.jpg

The other two points don't have continuity to each other though. Finally should there be more sensors?

This is really a strange one and I think the screen is just faulty :(

• Like 1

Keep at it Fella, no need to swing the "Hammer Of Justice" into the screen just yet....but that might come :o never seen the super glue Bi carb trick before, does it create a better bond or sort of re-build the lost plastic?

I think I've come to terms that it may possibly be dead lol

Regarding super glue and Bi carb..

I watched this video and I've been doing it on everything plastic

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

No amount of touching up or rewiring was going to fix that screen unfortunately.

The seller was able to send me another one - was very very lucky the seller agreed to do this and now she works as expected. No issues with drivers or anything. It just worked. :)

2d73eeb97ae192acf2f30d45ec541f0f.jpg

Now is a matter of finding the best bang for buck speaker set and sound quality.

Also need to look into software. A few of the ones I've seen on google seem like they were coded in the 90s.. Wonder if there's a more modern jukebox software out there.

I wonder if kodi has some jukebox skins?

Will also get the wifey to choose a colour :)

• Like 3

Adding to the list of Jukebox software that is dated, but in my opinion well worth a look, look up Nordbeats. It's what I use as I wanted something that I could search by album, artist or song, be touchscreen friendly and as a added bonus, you can switch to a Kiosk/bar mode which means people can't skip songs or change the volume etc. if you have a party but you can control it via your phone over wifi if you have the computer on the network.

It has lots of other cool features like playing random songs if none are selected and that playback can be at a set percentage (I think 75% is default) of chosen songs.

I paid $50 for the software as it was the only one that did everything I wanted and think it was well worth it, but it's free now.

https://nordbeat.com/en/nordbeats-jukebox/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well almost 2 years on, I've finally managed to sort this out...More projects happened during that time and this one always got pushed back. As of the last couple of weeks, I've pushed through and tried to get this one across the line as the "tinkering" itch needed to be scratched :D

Got the trusty canvas and work horse out (these two have done a number of respray's together :D) for painting

[IMG]

After a couple of weeks, we've ended up with a Panda themed colour scheme

[IMG]

Next up were the internals. I decided to go Edifier R1280DBS as they fit perfectly (accordingly to my measurements - but I'm always weary about that). Reviews were good on the speakers, I have another set of Edifiers for my desk and was very happy. They were reasonably priced and also supported bluetooth for when people just want to connect in themselves.

I had a spare NUC (really old celeron one) and thought I could use it - but after trying to install windows and having a muck around with it, I just didn't like the way it ran, fortunately, I had a spare micro pc with an i5 6500t and SSD which made a world of difference.

[IMG]

Of course, there's always a rats nest when it comes to these things

[IMG]

Cable ties fixes everything! :D

[IMG]

And I mean everything :D I secured the speakers using a combination of 4 longer cable ties haha

[IMG]

Cut out the metal plate, gave it a quick paint and this is what it looks like as an interim until I buy some speaker cloth to cover this area.

[IMG]

Was looking into all these fancy jukebox applications and found just windows in tablet mode + spotify will do the job 90% of the time for the Mrs

[IMG]

I'd still be happy to have a localised collection for tracks that aren't on spotify.

Last mod completed last night was an underglow

[IMG]

It's a bit bright for my liking, but we'll see how it is in real world applications..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be good to install some of those games.. I'm sure the kids would like it.

I'm still undecided on etouch - it's just not very popular looks wise in the household haha. Spotify is still the preferred app getting used.

You've done a nice job on yours mate. I have etouch on mine but it never gets used. Spotify is all that is played. I just want Spotify to implement a queueing system to make it more like a jukebox and I'll be very happy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mR_CaESaR said:

Thanks @Andyj965. Since I'm not (nor the family) used to jukebox software, we're none the wiser I guess.

Just get a list of songs, add to queue and that's it hahaha 

Unless you've got a stash of local audio then not much point in a jukebox app I'd say

I would absolutely love one of these, fully kitted out with a 5tb drive and a metric shit-ton of properly catalogued video clips. They would make an awesome video juke, with the touch screen for selection, and an externally mounted wall screen for the vids. Spotify and the like are great and I use them heaps, but there is something about a video juke setup that just screams, 'drink more beer and party' :classic_biggrin:

To be fair, the monitor on these aren't the best viewing angles, so yes, external monitor would have to be a must and use this only for selection

but the idea with this was always, drink, eat and play arcade games hahahah

Edited by mR_CaESaR

Gotta multi role I think so +1 for @Davefjedi incorporating games in as well. Had a variety of music jukes used at work over the years with a variety of software some good, some not so good.

Touchsceen is good for selecting but you really want a slave or multiple slave screens playing just the content and leaving the touchscreen for just the selecting or in Dave's case, playing touchscreen games.

I was under the impression Kodi was able to do all this EXCEPT the duel screen role. I use the much less power hungry version of Kodi, OSMC and it can stack video or audio files to play in a random order or as they are selected order. ( we always used random on the commercial jukes because no one will put money in if they have to wait for all the previously selected before seeing there selection, better to keep them guessing using random). You can also add more to the selection while the existing stack is being played without interrupting the playing content's audio.

I set my OSMC to play random playlists on bootup. Yes they are pre configured playlists but there are 4 of them with around 50 music videos or audio files in each and random means it will pick any one of these playlists and play that content.

If it is a video file it will play the video. If it is an audio file it will display a rotating collection of that artists Jpegs sourced from multiple music scrapers. I did love the music animations namely "milkdrop" instead of this artist Jpegs screen saver but haven't seen that since the old XBMC days. Either way I think this is better than the normal static one album cover Jpeg while an audio file is playing.

The only addon, (or script as we used to call them on XBMC), I use is the music scrapers. Everything else is simply manipulating Kodi or in my case OSMC.

One feature I really miss on Kodi that XBMC had is "shuffle". Random mixes up the content but shuffle did a far better job. Both Kodi and OSMC have "play from last played item" which SHOULD resume your playlist from the last time the machine was on preventing hearing the same songs from the start of a playlist but this does not work so playlists always start from scratch every time. Shuffle at least mixed this up every bootup which is why I miss it.

Love the ideas guys and always interesting to see what people make. Love the Picture machine conversions by the way, they look so sweet.

• Like 1

Got some Jaycar speaker cloth and it seems to be doing the job. The back doesn't look all that great with all the gorilla tape

spacer.png

But front view, I think it looks great and I'm very happy with the outcome of it

spacer.png

The underglow is definitely on the over powering side, so i might look at reducing the amount of lights I have at the bottom. The good thing is, I can easily unplug the molex connect if I don't wan it on.

Edited by mR_CaESaR
  • Like 1