Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jukebox buttons

hey all,
    what is the minimum amount of buttons i could have for a jukebox setup?

i dont want credits and all that just basic controls, i want to do away with my cd player, have a pc with all my music on it, dont need play lists just wanna access albums, or artist. Without shift keys, really basic setup for me and the kids

1-0 = 10 buttons
    up down = 2 buttons
    On off switch...

That is the minimum I could run SK jukebox off.

Would probably add another 2 buttons for skipping by letter if it's a large collection. The rest can be sorted in settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
      1-0 = 10 buttons
      up down = 2 buttons
      On off switch...

That is the minimum I could run SK jukebox off.

Would probably add another 2 buttons for skipping by letter if it's a large collection. The rest can be sorted in settings.
      Thats my thinking too ...
      I really need the extra 2 buttons for the letter skip.
      But i noticed on a juke i made at xmas, that the letter skip would only make it jump to the next letter , and pressing again wouldnt take it to the next letter ..... only if you went to the next page of the current letter. Maybe i just mapped the buttons to the wrong function ?

Heres my juke buttons ....
      The ESC button is for cancelling the selection (also used to exit Ultrastar) .. and the ENTER is to lock in the song selection.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
        The ESC button is for cancelling the selection (also used to exit Ultrastar) .. and the ENTER is to lock in the song selection.

That's my set up I was actually inspired by your layout, it's perfect if you ask me - I'm posting pictures of my new jukebox shortly and you'll see it's quite similar apart from some of the buttons being different in shape
        sigpic

Comment

I forgot to add ...

Theres another button on top of the jukebox to close the program ,and which shuts down the jukebox also. I have that up there so its out of the way , and because of the shape of the juke, people dont realize it ups there.

Black Tiger - cant wait to see yours !

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
            Thats my thinking too ...
            I really need the extra 2 buttons for the letter skip.
            But i noticed on a juke i made at xmas, that the letter skip would only make it jump to the next letter , and pressing again wouldnt take it to the next letter ..... only if you went to the next page of the current letter. Maybe i just mapped the buttons to the wrong function ?

It works for me Adam. Seems to be something wrong there somewhere. Scratching my memory I think theres a repeat or key setting somewhere for that?

Brad
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              It works for me Adam. Seems to be something wrong there somewhere. Scratching my memory I think theres a repeat or key setting somewhere for that?

Brad
              Well i dont have the letter skip buttons on mine , so I'll worry about it on the next one I build.

Comment

Is the new one going to be touchscreen? All the cool kids are doing it

Brad
                My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

touchscreen is the only way of doing it
                  Novalak

Comment

I agree. I still have my old button job and I shudder every time I look at it LOL!

Brad

Comment

1 on off
                      the rest is touch screen baby
                      The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Man I have got to build me a new Juke - mine is sooooooo out dated

Comment

The touchscreen is the best thing I ever did!

Brad

Comment

well im definately gonna start a build shortly, will be setting up a pc tonight

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X